Original topic:

Bixby dictation performance

(Topic created on: 08-03-2020 11:11 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
 I just want to make a post about the poor performance lately of Bixby dictation. I find it's word selection actually has gotten a lot worse, also it has gotten to the point now where I don't really know if it's my device or Bixby itself. but I find Bixby just in general not just dictation, likes to cut out a lot while I'm giving it a command. an example would be earlier today I had to scream at my device to get Bixby to actually wake up. Then Bixby after I've given the command, Bixby did the wrong command I asked for. I asked Bixby to snooze the alarm for 20mins.  instead it created a whole new alarm.🤷🏻‍♂️ However when I'm using Google services I don't have these issues, so I'm thinking that it has something to do with Bixby / Samsung services.  for instance this post I'm actually having to use Google to actually do the dictation.
0 Likes
3 Comments
keagan
Options
Bixby

Hi TBone, Check if there is any background noise or if the mic is covered when you give voice commands. For better voice recognition, speak clearly and in quiet places. The device may not recognize commands or may perform unwanted commands depending on the surroundings or how you speak.

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I understand what your saying, it's interesting that Google voice dictation doesn't struggle like Bixby does. Google must have better algorithms.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Bixby

Hi TBone, I will forward your suggestions to the team and they will analyze them. Thanks for giving us suggestions to improve.

0 Likes