Original topic:

Bixby improvements suggestions

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 03:37 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
So I made a previous post about my review of bixby revisted. So I just want to make a post In hopes at Samsung could see some key areas at Bixby needs improvement on.

@ sungsung I just want to make some short key points for Bixby assistant improvement suggestions. These are some things that I have noticed that are Annoying to me from using it the past few days are.

first is when using "hi bixby" you don't seem to be able to speak to bixby for more than just a couple seconds in most cases or it doesn't understand you.

The 2nd thing is that when you ask bixby to get weather information It automatically uses the Fahrenheit And miles per hour. you do not have an option of setting it to default to Celsius.

the 3rd thing is some times when you ask it to do Certain task Or functions and it misinterprets words.

4th is When you are asking Bixby to make a reminder for you It does not ask for a date and time if you don't give it one.
4 Comments
Options
Bixby

Hey @TBoneS9plus,

Nice, I appreciate this follow-up post! I've noted your points down, and will be bringing them up with R&D 😊

As for your second point on Bixby returning weather information in Fahrenheit, a temporary workaround is to ask for the weather in Celsius instead. Alternatively, changing your language to English (UK) will change all the measurements as well.

Thanks again for your contribution, it's much appreciated!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
AW1228
Active Level 3
Bixby
Will there be a permanent workaround for having metric weather units with the Bixby US voice without having to switch to the UK voice in the future?
0 Likes
Options
Bixby

Hey @AW1228,

I'll raise it with the Bixby team—I don't believe it would be too difficult to implement the option, so it's likely just a matter of when they get around to it 😊

I'll keep you posted if I hear anything on my end!

Cheers,

Sabrina

Braydon
Active Level 5
Bixby
I 100% agree with this. I was actually trying to get the weather the other day and noticed it only gave it in Fahrenheit unless you specify Celsius which is very annoying. I don't want to switch to UK because I don't like the voices. And I agree, can't imagine it would take much to implement :)
0 Likes