Original topic:

Bixby just can't compete with google.

(Topic created on: 06-26-2019 02:25 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Bixby
I'm sorry Samsung, but Bixby still can't compete with Google, even with the new update. I still stick to my ok Google over Bixby. Andddddd Bixby still can't understand my ladies name no matter how many times I've tried to teach Bixby. Google understands it no problem. Yah it's a unique name but hey. Bixby still can't get it. The name is Maeve. I don't want to have to setup custom commands just to figure this out lol. If Google can get it. Then why can't Bixby. Google seems alot more user friendly as well. 
6 Comments
Samesung
Active Level 10
Bixby
Problem is Google has a decade of investment into human linguistics and then applied it to their AI. Anyone who starts out now is so far behind. Google is definitely tops with Google Assistant. I've given up on Bixby myself as well. The continual not understanding me or simple commands was annoying as h-eck. Maybe in a couple of more years it'll catch up since AI learning really helps the machine to understand regional dialects and their nuances...maybe.
Bixby
Yup - Bixby isn't just facing an uphill battle - It's trying to climb that hill with the weight of the billions of Google users pulling it down 🐧8a4ceee0-b4c7-4916-bb09-9d70bb5969bd.jpg
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Bixby
It's too bad because Bixby has some great integration with Samsung apps and hardware. Even to the point of a customized phrase triggering a set of events.... but if it can't understand what you're saying it doesn't matter lol.
Bixby
Well its preference,
I use bixby everyday, I only use google at home with my google home, other than that, google is SUPER annoying!!
0 Likes
Bixby
Me too, I did the same things like SnowCat19. Nowadays, most of the services we use are multiples. For instances, I use Nest and Ecobee, I use DLink and Linksys. Also I use Bixby and Google assistance. So far I do not see any tech company can get user just use their service only. 😜
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
ya it **bleep** samsung forces bixby on it's user's. simply put bixby is crap.
0 Likes