Original topic:

Bixby review revisited

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 09:27 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
I have made several posts about Bixby in the past and about a week ago I set out to give Bixby another chance And revisit Bixby assistant Again from a objective standpoint . these are some thoughts About the revisit. I will try my best to keep this short and to the point.

First off I want to say, I am also guilty of this before hand, that Bixby is just a very misunderstood entity. I found Bixby is more so meant to be a voice interface for your device And more geared toward performing functions and tasks on your device and not really meant to look up information like google assistant is. I feel that this is the main point why people have so much dislike for Bixby in this regard. Bixby is not really Supposed to be a direct replacement for the Google assistant in my opinion because really there is no replacement for the Google assistant, (sorry samsung) because Google assistant is quite literally part of one, if not the world's biggest search engines and nothing can even really come close to Google assistant when it comes to information look up.

The 2nd thing is is that I found that Bixby there's no real way to understand what Bixby is "Out of the Box" if you will. so I think people just assume that it just does everything that Google assistant does or Siri does when actually it's a bit of a different entity entirely. once you reading through some of the Bixby tutorials abit and just play around with it you actually find out that can be really useful. Other than the "normal" things it seems at every assistant can do like Siri and Google Assistant can obviously do, you can get Bixby to do many things like answer phone calls (even on speaker phone), turn the screen off (lock phone), open apps, Scroll down a page for you, restart your device, turn off your device even, snooze alarms, Also something I use a lot is the Bixby button for dictation and these are just a few examples and so on and so on.

Also something that users need to understand and also keep in mind that this is only Bixby 2nd generation. if I'm being honest it's still rough around the edges and can definitely use of improvement. Though I have to say that it is pretty impressive once you actually understand what it is and what it can do its pretty cool. I can definitely see how it can be useful, I've already sent some feedback to Samsung giving some suggestions and some things that I found that were kind of annoying that I'm not a mention in this list Mostly because I don't want to make this A negative post and drag this out Any longer than it really needs to be.

So over all I have to say that my opinion about Bixby has changed and I have a much better understanding of it and I will likely actually be using Bixby more in my day-to-day life now that I actually understand the things that it can do more. So I would encourage people reading this you maybe give Bixby an honest try and actually try to learn it and perhaps maybe you'll have similar experience And perhaps even enjoy using Bixby.     
10 Comments
Options
Bixby

Hey @TBoneS9plus,

Thank you for posting this in-depth review of Bixby! I'm very glad to hear that you've taken the time to understand Bixby as an extension of the overall Samsung experience—rest assured that the R&D team is hard at work developing new features!

Side note: I just wanted to say it's always nice to hear from users like you, so please keep sharing your thoughts and opinions with us! Samsung Members is a great platform for this 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
@ moderators.....I was just wondering what is the best way to give a little bit more feedback on Recommended improvements for bixby should I post it here in the community or Leave a ticket through the application?
0 Likes
Options
Bixby

For suggestions, I think the best way to gain visibility is to post here through the Members forum—the ticketing system in-app is intended more for bug/error reports. Basically, what you're doing now is perfect!

Cheers,

Sabrina

0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Bixby
oh it seems too much of a publicity stunt for Bixby to be honest.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
No I didn't do this necessarily as a promotion for bixby I did this from a Objective point of view, because I am of the mindset don't knock it until you try it and actually give it an honest try. also I wanted to share what I my thoughts About it.
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Bixby
There is one thing missing , the Bixby Home (when you swipe right from the home screen)....... which needs a major overhaul. It is really so bad that it annoys me.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
Yeah for the most part I just turn Bixby home off because I had kinda I find it redundant. Also from my personal use I don't really find it useful.
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Bixby
Reason why I use another launcher instead of Samsung Experience Home? Reason is Bixby Home feed is terrible. I rather have Google feed when I swipe right.
0 Likes
SunJackSam
Active Level 1
Bixby
thanks for the post, just found out how to sort of disable or shall I say how to make Bixby not turn on when putting it in your pocket (by accident) by changing the Bixby button to double -triple click. I think I may try to understand it " maybe " first.
0 Likes