Original topic:

Bixby routine when condition not met

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 02:12 PM)
MasterMike
Active Level 1
Options
Bixby
I can't possibly be the only one that wants more control with Bixby routines. It's impossible to make a routine that is outside of said conditions.

As an example... At home when connected to wifi... Bt, nfc, data, location are off.

When driving (connected to bt), wifi and nfc off. Data and location on.

However, whenever I am shopping or whatever, I want NFC and data to be on, bt off, wifi off, location off. Of course, since there are no way to set routines outside of certain conditions, I get stuck with wifi on, data off and for some reasons NFC stays off anyway.

So ya... More control please.
10 Comments
Options
Bixby

Hey @MasterMike,

Agreed, it would definitely be nice to have more granular control over Bixby routines—I'll discuss this with the devs as a requested community feature! Thanks for the suggestion 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

Note4Life
Beginner Level 3
Bixby

I just found this feature and was googling around for condition negation. I wanted to use an If NOT Home condition and had figured it would be a thing 

0 Likes
Bixby
@MasterMike, I know you're post is about Bixby Routines, but have you tried the Routines in Good Lock? You can setup automated routines based on location or certain connections.

May I ask why you want NFC to be on when shopping, if it's to use Samsung Pay, NFC turn on automatically when you launch Samsung Pay and then turns off.
Bixby
Cprice is the BOSS!
MasterMike
Active Level 1
Bixby
Samsung pay doesn't work with my bank and credit card (Canada). I am using Bixby routines to have things automated, not to have to open anything (I don't even unlock my phone for Google pay).

I know locations and connections based routines are easy to do, but those use conditions. There are no routines outside of those (I am not connected to wifi AND I am not in my car, then I want NFC on). My example in the first post clearly shows the problem. As in, when conditions are not met, things revert back. I don't want everything to revert back, just some. When I turn off my car in an unknown location outside of home, I don't want data to be off and wifi on.

Also, a priority system for overlapping routines would be nice to have.
0 Likes
Bixby
You might want to have a look at Tasker... it can do everything but drive your car...
MasterMike
Active Level 1
Bixby
I know it can. The point of the post is to get more features with Bixby, so I don't have to use 3 different apps for one thing.
Bixby
There's an app I've been using for a few years on my Samsung phones called PhoneProfiles Plus, you can create profiles and then create events to activate profiles, so for example you can create profiles for home, car, gym, bedtime, work, etc... then create events to activate them. I pretty sure you can have it do all the things you mentioned in your first post, you can also set priorities for overlapping profiles.

Example: I have a bedtime profile, the event activates it when my phone is on the charger between 11pm and 8am, however I gave my car profile I higher priority so that if I'm in my car and my phone is charging after 11pm, it will not activate the bedtime profile.

In my screenshot are a few of the profiles I created.
MasterMike
Active Level 1
Bixby
Thanks Cprice, I appreciate it. I will take a look at it. However, it would be fun to have those things in Bixby, since it's already integrated in the phone. My post was mostly a feature request for Bixby.

Your app seem awesome though.
0 Likes