Original topic:

Bixby update available

(Topic created on: 05-17-2019 07:13 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
I figured that I would share that Bixby has some updates available so hopefully they'll be some good positive improvements.

14 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I just tried reading the description and there's not much to description as to what the update actually really contains other than "stability and improvements" is really all that is listed
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
so I just took a few minutes to kind of see some key points that I mentioned in a "Bixby improvements suggestions" post and so far it doesn't look like any of those improvements that I suggested have been implemented which is a real drag.
* Bixby still gives weather information feedback in Fahrenheit.
* Bixby still does not ask for date and time for making a reminder if you do not tell Bixby a date and time right away.
* Bixby still is misinterpreting words even when you speak fairly clearly ,and often times you have to talk like a robot for Bixby to understand.

come on Samsung team this is fairly simple stuff that should have been implemented long ago.
Bixby
Uhm - Bixby is giving me the temperature in Celsius (probably because I have the system language set to English (UK) 🐧🇬🇧
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yeah that's exactly why, I still have mine and English us. but it's just kind of ridiculous that you would have to do something like that and also if not instruct Bixby to tell you the temperature in celsius.
Bixby
Using English (US) or English (Canada) - You can ask Bixby to tell you the temperature in Celsius - But you have to specifically ask for Celsius - Bixby won't unless you do with languages other than English (UK) 🐧
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yeah but it's only the temperature it's not wind speed or anything like that also. but yes I do know what you're saying.
0 Likes
hekyla
Active Level 1
Bixby
This may be a little off topic, but has anyone found a solution to having Bixby close after finishing certain commands? Like for example after getting Bixby to send a text message it keeps the "message request sent" screen open, rather than closing afterwards, I believe the previous version had this feature.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
ask it to "lock my screen" or "go to home screen".
0 Likes
hekyla
Active Level 1
Bixby
yeah I've done that, but I was hoping there would be an option I missed to automatically close it after the command was finished.
0 Likes