Original topic:

Bixby updated??

(Topic created on: 04-23-2019 02:01 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
So I seen that Bixby seemed to receive an update over night. Though I don't really ever use Bixby it still would be nice to read what these updates are adding or fixing, because hey You never know maybe it will become useful some day. I tried to find info but to no success. I gotta say it must s.u.c.k being in Samsung's position. Spending millions or more in R&Ding Bixby just to have your customers tell you it's garbage lol. To be fair yes it's not easy to make an A.I or what ever you want to call it. Just for us users it's not very useful... At least not yet, when you have to compare it to the Google assistant. 
5 Comments
ratman
Active Level 3
Bixby
I've recieved two in the past couple of days
0 Likes
Bixby
It's not just Samsung who provide little information about app updates - And yes it's annoying that there isn't more (any) information about what changes are made in updates - Device Care also received an update with the usual vagaries & platitudes.... "improvements & bug fixes" etc...
fwiw I use bxActions to make Bixby useful for my needs 🐧
rescuerEvp
Active Level 5
Bixby
I'm still using Bixby a lot but I'm not the fun of those voice assistants.
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Bixby
I gave Bixby multiple chances, I love the string commands when it works, but the ai is completely unable to understand what I'm saying. meanwhile I can mumble with Google assistant, and she fully understands. Hopefully in 20 years from now, Bixby gets better
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
ya I tried using it for a week recently but I often found it faster for me to do something manually and I tried to set up string commands but I couldn't get it to do updates (I.E Google Play store, galaxy app store, O.S software updates) so I couldn't even get that out of it so I found it not very useful for my wants and needs. about the only Bixby thing that I actually use is the Bixby button for a dictation that's about it.