Original topic:

Bixby won't go away

(Topic created on: 04-13-2019 02:04 PM)
deebeard
Beginner Level 2
Options
Bixby

I'd really like to know if there's any way to just totally, completely STOP Bixby?  I can't un-install the stupid thing; all I can do is 'force-stop', and even when I do that, it keeps re-enabling itself.  So, at random times when I least expect or want it, I suddenly get "Welcome to the new Bixby!  How may I help you?" in my ear or on the speaker.  Surely there's a way to stop this thing once and for all . . .  Any ideas?  (I'm on a Note 8, which I absolutely loved - until this 'update')

0 Likes
6 Comments
shadman123
Active Level 3
Bixby
0 Likes
Bixby
I use bxActions from the Play Store (requires adb commands) to make Bixby do what I want (not what Samsung wants) 🐧
mumbles1
Active Level 6
Bixby
what's the big deal about turning off Bixby?I have it enabled it does what it does and I have never had it come on when I didn't hit the button for it
0 Likes
MoparMuscle
Beginner Level 4
Bixby
Bixby is listening and recording every movement you make . It will install malicious software and allow your phone to even record your foosteps or driving habits, for your insurance companies. Spyware for your health ins, car ins. police or any other malicious app developer. Look for yourself under all the permissions you can't disable. You don't have to hold or try and disable any button it's on all the time whether you want it or not!
0 Likes
Kas
Beginner Level 3
Bixby
when i turn it off as you did. bixby is not off. it still keeps asking how can i help you even it i don t touch the phone
0 Likes
Bixby
i physically removed the bixby button from my S8 because i kept accidentally hitting it instead of the volume buttons. they can be removed and popped back in easily, no damage.
0 Likes