Original topic:

Galaxy home is a bad idea

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 03:13 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
So these are just some of my thoughts on why I think the Galaxy home would be a bad idea. first of all from the demo that I seen on the Galaxy home it can read you weather, make reminders, turn something on and off, read out your schedule, and maybe some other basic stuff, I mean in my opinion whoop-dee-doo. if I wanted to do that I would just use my Galaxy S9. the main reason why I think the Galaxy home would be a bad idea it's because it's Bixby powered. let's be honest, I would have to say that the majority of people that use or have used Bixby would say that they are not a fan of it because in all honesty it's a half-baked product. also to be fair yes, Bixby can do some pretty cool stuff (when it works) but it is so limited in what it can do outside of those dozen or so items.

I would have to say bixby's biggest hurdle to overcome and probably what most people are most frustrated about it is that Bixby has a lot of difficulty in understanding words, phrases and context. The most recent example was from today. I asked Bixby to "snooze that alarm" and I said it clearly and Bixby heard "news that alarm" and got hung up. I mean really??? Come on. also when I ask Bixby to make a reminder for me it's a 50-50 chance if it's going to actually get it right. I can see the potential of what bixby can be but I really do not feel that it is ready to be rolled out in a home smart speaker. a lot of users and including myself are not really a fan of bixby because it is only a half baked product and really needs that Google assistant level of fine-tuning before it's even ready to be rolled out in a Home smart speaker.

so I think Samsung should hold back on the Galaxy home for a little while longer and really work on the software development of Bixby first. Seriously though Samsung if you really want to know if Bixby is good enough for a home smart speaker, make your smartphone customers bixby better to the point that they are satisfied with it.   
6 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Ok, google 🤷‍♂️
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Bixby
I love Samsung internet.. I was never around for Samsung maps lol but ya nothing can beat Google maps
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I would agree, the Samsung browser is one thing they did do well on and got right 👍. everything else feel short 😕 as much as I hate to say it. even the Samsung keyboard isn't every good when compared to the G-board.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
this galaxy home I really think Samsung is putting the cart before the horse because Bixby is really not ready for primetime like that if they can't even really get it to the point where their customers are actually satisfied with it completely. especially nowadays people have very high expectations because of Amazon's Alexa and Google assistant to be competing with, they have that level spit polish that bixby severely lacks unfortunately.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Bixby
Samsung browser is good because it allows some functions that chrome cannot allow, as it'll hurt google. Example, blocking ads hurting Google revenue. Or downloading/playing videos in certain way that eliminates ad revenue etc.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bixby
@Bing Samsung Internet (on Android Pie) currently no longer allows the user to use the Video Assistant for or download YouTube videos. Allowing the user to use their own video player rather than using the YouTube video player can improve accessibility too.
0 Likes