Original topic:

@ Samsung Bixby Routines Suggestions 2.0

(Topic created on: 06-30-2019 11:18 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
I know i made a post about this before and now its been a number of updates since then and I'm still running into the same issue so I just want to make it again. I see that the Potential of a Bixby being a pretty cool product but we're just not quite there yet. Under Bixby routines For example it still feels a lot like a walled garden and it is not very customizeable. Yeah you can add a remove just a couple of items but you cannot even set conditions for a Routine to be run and it has to be done manually every single time which is very annoying. Also you cannot talk to Bixby During the late or early morning hours without waking up your spouse, also typing to Bixby seems counterproductive. For me I would like to be able to use Bixby routines but for me currently I can't because it's a bixby walled garden And my schedule and needs do not meet The criteria of the rest of the world it feels like. so Please can you fix this in a very near future update. 
5 Comments
Marcassa
Active Level 1
Bixby
Bixby is garbage. I hate it. I want it gone. I can't get it to disable. I'd rather have my s7 back than have this crap parasite set of apps infiltrating my entire phone.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
since I have posted this a few months ago Bixby has improved but it still has a long way to go, and yes it is incredibly frustrating from time to time and Some commands only work when you phrase it a certain way. bixby is still very new product (about 2.5 years old for the public's use) and it's in development and maturing as an assistant. But yes I have made many posts over the last few years about Bixby and my frustrations with it. So I understand your point.
Marcassa
Active Level 1
Bixby
I just wish it was a choice, not forced on me. anyone who wants to use it and help develop it great, but it shouldn't be embedded in my phones software with no way to remove it.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
ya that's understandable.
0 Likes
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Bixby
To its defense, and Idk if it's important but at least you can go to a separate app to program and manage the Routines unlike Google Assistant, where you have go into your Google settings, but I guess not much of an inconvenience. But I would probably have to agree that Googles offers a lot more. The one thing Bixby has done better with is responding to me when I use my wife's name in the car. Google could never get it right(her name is Jeannie, pronounced 'Genie') to the point I had to use a nickname for Google to get it, but Bixby hasn't had a problem
0 Likes