Original topic:

Suggestions for Bixby

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 07:13 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
I have made some posts in the past about Bixby and I see potential of what Bixby can be. But also I have notice some things over the past few days with bixby and these are some pains and frustrations with it. But I will try to not make this a rant post and try to keep it simple and to the point. 

So I was watching some older videos from maybe a year ago or less and i have learned about somethings with bixby and about customizing routines with conditions. So I go to try it out and try to to set one up myself and it appears that Bixby was once able to do just that, but the newest version of Bixby cannot. (I.E.- If say it is between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. and you are at home and your phone is not on charge to turn off always on the display, turn off Bluetooth etc). So it would appear that in several updates that some things have been removed from Bixby or changed and I can't even really customize a premade current routine or make a new one that are out side of the maybe 15 things to choose from. Also you cannot set conditions and you only can have the option of voice command. 

Also another point of frustration is the Self Help tutorials because they appeared to be outdated because some of the things in these tutorial videos you can no longer do. So if you are going to modify or remove a feature out of Bixby please update the tutorials. 

Also Bixby team please for the love of God push some updates so we can get bixby able to understand Natural human speech and contex of Sentences and words. (I.E- "about" not "a bout", and "clothes" and not "close") And for the record I do speak very clearly when dictating and bixby still doesn't seem to understand and "correcting it" doesn't appear to be doing much. Also the Bixby button for dictation appears to be worse at this.  I am trying not to make this into a negative rant but to me having used bixby for awhile now. To me now it feels like there has been a lot of things that just simply have been overlooked and i cant help but think "how did this get missed". So please Bixby team make some positive improvements, and maybe also read my previous post about bixby for more suggestions. 
2 Comments
garrywall
Active Level 3
Bixby
Google understands where Bixby doesn't
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I would agree, but Bixby can do some neat things when it works but it does need alot of work. mostly I would say start with understanding words and context of words. because that is a big petpev of alot of people when it misinterprets words and context. I mean even the Samsung keyboard needs work. when using G-board and switching back you notice I huge difference between the two.