Original topic:

annoying Bixby feature

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 02:45 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
This recently added feature (I seen Bixby was updated on my device recently) is Incredibly annoying every time a car horn beeps on my car or one I'm close to, I get this notification. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I'm hoping I can turn this off.  I dont even really use Bixby for anything, so I feel samsung Continually trying to get users to use Bixby. 

9 Comments
Jeremie
Options
Bixby

@TBone 

You can turn off the notifications for Bixby using below steps:

Step 1: Open Bixby by pressing the Bixby key. Then, tap on the three-dot button at the top right of the screen and hit the Settings option.

Step 2: Inside settings, tap on Notifications.

Step 3: Then disable Bixby Home cards by using the toggle.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Bixby
This is why I turn off auto (pun intended) updates🤦

Interesting option maybe? 🤷
Obviously if it's not annoying though🙈🙉🙊

🎵🎶🎼
You the Bixby guy...
in my eye...
Let us know how you figure this out...
If you try... 🤪🙃
🎼🎶🎵
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
😂 ya I Figure that I was able to at least turn this off but I just never got around too it for a couple of days. I just found it annoying that any time I was around something that even sounded like a horn beep this notification showed up. I can see perhaps how some people may find this useful this just to most people I don't feel like it would be.
0 Likes
Bixby
Bixby is cool, But it's not on the S6.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yes I was reading something that Samsung stop supporting Bixby on older versions of software. also I think they only officially support Bixby on the Galaxy S8 and newer devices now.
Bixby
Oof. well I even use Google Assistant on my S6.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
well the Google Assistant has been around for many years and many many devices have his baked into Android operating system. so I'm not too surprised by that. Bixby however, has only been around for three years.
Bixby
I guess your right, There all the same.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
if you are referring to all the Assistants being the same I would have to disagree. For more information you can search Bixby in these Samsung members forms and read all the review posts in quite a number of them are from me over the years. But if you want to short and sweet version. the big key differences are that Bixby is more of a device assistant. meaning it can do more In control more things that you're a device can do. as the Google Assistant it's more of an information base assistant. it also has much better linguistic algorithm built into it. The Google assistant also has drastically better information base to draw from For far greater accuracy of information as well.
0 Likes