Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby

0 Likes
9 Comments
sully
Active Level 7
Bixby
Does anyone still use Bixby anymore, and if yes, has it improved in speach recognition?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
i play around with it a bit, ummmm its.... so so to be honest. the best thing to do is when it gets your command wrong, pull down on the small flashing arrows at the top and "correct it". I've been doing this now for a little bit it seems to have improved some. honestly i use bixby for basic Functionality, Yes Bixby can't do some cool things but Samsung is going up against Google and they are king when it comes to assistants. so it's definitely a bold and ambitious move for Samsung to Get into the ring with their Bixby Assist which could potentially be disastrous, And honestly so far it's been a shakey 2 years for Samsung's Bixby.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
Also something gets to me is samsung you could of came up with a better sounding named at Bixby πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Bixby
See, that's my exact issue with Bixby, the whole purpose of this AI is to make my life easier. I do not want to teach it every single time it gets things wrong and that's like 90 percent of the time. It's been 2 years and Bixby has been an absolute disaster. What's the whole point of an assistant if I have to teach it everything.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
@ sully - ya i yet that 100% That was a big pet peeve of mine when I 1st started playing around with Bixby. also Bixby routines it seems like a really cool idea but the problem is it's so limited in function and flexibility that I cannot adapt it so it meets my wants and needs so i can't use bixby Routines. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
Bixby
Then there's this... Bixby isn't mentioned for some reason...🐧

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/09/google-assistant-outperforms-voice-assistants/
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
to me its funny how Apple's Siri has been around for a number of years and yet you don't you ever hear Apple or iPhone users go on about how great Siri is πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ. so why does samsung think bixby will be any different?. I think in the end this will be a very expensive investment that's not going to have the out come they think it will, because it is said that out of Samsung phones that have Bixby on them only about 4% of users actually use Bixby. that's a very poor and underwhelming percentage.
Bixby
@TBone Have you had a look at Tasker? It's pretty amazing what you can do with it - ie: I'm using it + the AutoTools plugin to automatically "click" on the "ok" to dismiss the High Volume Warning with Bluetooth earbuds & Also using Tasker to turn up the screen brightness when I open an app that requires the Merchant to scan a Bar Code for purchases - As well as allowing me to skip Music Tracks with the Volume buttons while in my pocket & there's loads of other Profiles you can use.... Just FYI πŸ˜‰πŸ§
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
no i haven't, i will have to check it out πŸ™‚