Original topic:

how much feedback does samsung actually see?

(Topic created on: 09-20-2019 01:00 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby
So I been wondering how much feedback does samsung actually see from us 🤔. Because of the changes they have made over time good or bad. Such as the remapable Bixby button, micro SD card that came, and then went, and them came back. Also the "kinda" elimination of the Bixby button and so on. Also does anyone else kinda feel that samsung has changed their tune on bixby being shoved in our faces 🤷🏻‍♂️, I say this because samsung made a big thing about Bixby at unpacked a few years ago and this year it wasn't at unpacked at all. So maybe samsung realized that no one really cares about Bixby and finally is hearing from us that Bixby is actually not as good as they advertised. Anyway let me know your thoughts. 
8 Comments
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Bixby
Whet is the Samsung feedback site? if you can't submit feedback what makes you think they will respond?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I think they mostly use a lot of error reports for feed back.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Bixby
They get objective feedback from device usage patterns. Thats way more valuable then a handful of sods chirping on a forum.

Im sure they use in part a small amount of street vibrations, but in the end, those vibrations correlate with device usage.

They have to keep trying new things and stay current in the game, or they die (see Wondows phones). In some cases they have to keep pushing certain items(like Bixby) if they feel that awareness is an issue and/or they have major investment in upcoming developmental pipeline.

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
ya I was kinda wondering what is the best way for samsung to receive real customer feedback 🤔. also in regards to Bixby it's honestly no where near as good as Samsung advertises it. also i think samsung dosen't push it as hard as they once did. also I think samsung makes youtuber's take down any negative videos regarding Bixby because it's hard to find those videos anymore 😂 and it's not because it's any good.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Bixby
@tbone - you gotta put it all in context... Samsung was slow to react AI assistant and companies like Google were a year or two ahead. These types of project literally take years of evolution to create a solid foundation. In the tech business, you dont hold a project for five years and bring it to the market mature... thats your death warrant. You put it out to market as soon as you can, with very basic/simple elements, and hone the product in coordination with the dynamic flow of the market. Look how long Google is taking to refine Youtube music as a replacement of Google Play music.

Samsung knows its populations Bixby device usage.. and knows that usage is subpar. Howver, they are also committed in the longer term to provide its users with a robust AI platform. So for them, its a balancing act of trying to keep its users and product somewhat in the game. This is why the Bixby key still works as the Bixby key, but is also a little more assignable by the user.

Looking back, it might have been better for Samsumg to have marketed Bixby to be an advanced internal/local device assistant...as opposed to trying to get in the ring with Google for a prize fight.

Bixby is still an excellent replacement to menu surfing, but most people have written it off because of the way it was marketed.

Its way faster to squeeze the Bixby key and say 'take a slow motion video' than to launch you camera app, and fumble about the menu. Its super convenient when you have a coffee in your hand to squeeze the Bixby key and dictate your response to a text or email. How about 'turn on mobile hotspot' or 'do not disturb', or 'wake me up at 6am'? Much faster/easier.

If they had managed the expectations of the end user properly, they might have achieved a greater adoption rate.

Bottom line is... they know you think it **bleep**...but they are hedging longer term investments will pay dividends and ultimately increase their market share.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yes I would agree 100% that samsung should have advertised and pushed Bixby as you said as more of a internal/local device assistant. it would have been a better move and they would have recieved far less hate.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Bixby
The original question still remains. Where do they get their feedback?

Many people have complained about no data usage on/off switch in the quick settings yet they added QR scanner.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yup it's true.
0 Likes