Original topic:

i really hope Samsung dosen't actually plan on launching this πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

(Topic created on: 08-14-2019 09:00 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Bixby

So I was browsing though the samsung site to see what's up. Then this caught my eye πŸ€”, why is the galaxy home being advertised as a service when the products is not even launched?. 

Now I cant speak for any one else but I really think this would be a bad move on Samsung's part for several reasons. Number one, there is too much strong competition to be launching Samsung's version of a smart speaker "this late in the game" if you will.

#2 its Bixby powered, And again I can only speak for myself but I'm sure there are a large number of people that would agree with me that Bixby is at least several years away from being an actual viable smart assistant. 

I have already made several posts and a number of comments about how I feel about Bixby, but in short I do see at some point in the future it may be a decent smart assistant. but at this point it is complete garbage and lacks any real world use, they should call it "fixme".  I made a few reports to the samsung Bixby CSC. The response claims samsung is putting all of their resources to "adding new features to bixby" but never fixing the current problems it seems that has been spoken about here on the members app. I have had several problems and issues that I have ran into over the last several months and yet they still exist even today. But I been told I need to "try different word combinations to see what works and that the Bixby team is always adding new commands and they encourage their users to try new commands" W.T.F? Seriously samsung? why!!!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ you should really adjust your priorities.

Some free advice samsung fix Bixby on the smartphones before you even think about launching this doomed product. 

Yes I was venting alittle in this post lol I really just do not understand Samsung thinking. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
6 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Bixby
What I'm worried about is people being stuck with an old Bixby version. Anyway Assistant software is a waste of time and energy. Deploy the Bixby resources on giving 3 years of OS updates instead. It's much better than investing in some Assistant only a subset of people use, while the OS is used by every device user.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
I know right? I agree 100%. I think Bixby will just end up being like Apple's Siri it's been around for years and you never hear about how great siri is. even as it even stands now nobody really cares or even uses it, it will still probably be the same way for bixby maybe even three years time likley. so I agree 100% that Samsung putting the resources into Bixby is just a huge waste of time and money.
0 Likes
Bixby
Some times some investments are wasting time and money, but still need to follow the trends and do it. πŸ˜‰
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Bixby
I think you all nailed it and Bixby is an idiot πŸ€ͺ that bixby thing can't do shhhhhh
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
it can turn about 12 things on and off now come on lol πŸ˜‚ but that's about it. but with samsung constantly "adding new features " it will soon increase to 15. 🀣
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
another thing that bugs me is. that Samsung goes on how easy it is to give bixby new features and anyone with some decent computer skills can do it. then why does it seem so hard for Samsung to fix the current problems with bixby?. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
0 Likes