Original topic:

ok, I have an S9 with it's own Bixby button, except i have no clue what Bixby is

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 03:24 PM)
AimeeB
Active Level 1
Options
Bixby
Is it worth setting up? What exactly does it do,  and is it invasive with regards to personal info like location ec?? I'm scared to try it!
8 Comments
Bixby
Bixby is a personal assistant software by Samsung. It is same as Google assistant or Apple Siri or Amazon Alexa. It is safe to set it up and try it. For the Bixby button, if you don't like it, you can change the function for the button.
seobro
Active Level 6
Bixby

Think of Bixby as Samsung's counterpart to Google Assistant or Siri. It's a virtual assistant that can perform certain tasks for you as prompted.

In regards to what kinds of personal information Bixby has access to, a lot of that responsibility falls on you and is based on how much information you're willing to give Bixby. For example, you can give Bixby your voice information by "training" it to activate only when it hears "Hi Bixby!" from your voice, giving Bixby access to the microphone (on at all times). 

You can have it do a lot of things, but some of them include:

• Make an alarm
  • Tell you the weather in a certain location (or yours, if you allow it location permissions)
  • Search things on the internet and read them out to you (e.g. Who is Elon Musk?)
  • Make phone calls and send text messages by voice 

By default, Bixby is activated by a single tap of the Bixby key. A double tap of the Bixby key opens an app or runs  a quick command of your choosing, but I personally have switched it so that a single press opens the Music app and double press opens Bixby, as I myself don't use Bixby too often.

Here's a link to Samsung's webpage about Bixby that outlines more of its key features.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/bixby/

AimeeB
Active Level 1
Bixby
thank you very much for your help!
Bixby
yes these people's are very much tech savy!
hit the 3 button to have your issue resolved, so it helps others, you will see the 3 buttons on side, to whomever helped you. its a solution to your question and points are issued...
AimeeB stay golden!
AimeeB
Active Level 1
Bixby
thanks for the info!
Lawrnce
Beginner Level 2
Bixby
How do I delete Bixby from my tablet?
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
yeah I would suggest setting up Bixby and giving it a try for a while. however I will say that Bixby has come a long way in the past year. but Bixby needs time to learn your habits and your preferences. patience is also something that you should have because Bixby is a little different than the other assistants out there, Bixby is more of a device assistant than a information assistant like google. it can do some pretty neat tricks. but I will admit I don't use Bixby every single day of my life it's just every once in awhile I like to get it to do something for me.
AimeeB
Active Level 1
Bixby
thanks!
0 Likes