Original topic:

what do I use Bixby for

(Topic created on: 01-24-2020 07:36 AM)
cmaggiejh
Active Level 3
Options
Bixby
I am brand new to Samsung, I have always had a BlackBerry.  No I have this phone with an app called Bixby, it does not seem to be like "ok, Google" or Siri as it does not do things like add events to my calendar or start a shopping list, rather it will just open the app I am trying to use and then leave the rest to me or only try to change the events currently entered in my calendar . 
12 Comments
Bixby
It does add event to Calendar.

Open Bixby→ All Capsules

You will see all commands. Also, you can see what Bixby can do there.
cmaggiejh
Active Level 3
Bixby
I did that, that's why I thought it would add events to my calendar. I tried to add an oil change to may 10 but it only asked if I wanted to change today's appointments . so I just used Google like before.
SamsungMad
Active Level 4
Bixby
It is very similar to "ok google" but certainly not as advanced. From reading other posts from people who use it they all say its has improved but still lacking in some area's. I would suggest trying it out and play around with the settings to get familiar with Bixby
Bixby
i use bixby routines, its helpful, try it..
mytech
Expert Level 3
Bixby
Where is @Tbone 🤷♂️
I wouldn't even use Bixby if wasn't for them🤪🤙👍
Scarface: edited for @Tbone and Bixby..
"just when I thought I was out of Bixby @Tbone keeps pulling me back in" 🙃
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
lol thanks I'm on it 👍🏻😂
Bixby
Wow, awesome quote! CLASSIC, AL PACINO! LOL! LOL!
"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"!
Ya got personality@damefunny!
DA 🧨
🙆‍♀️👍
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Bixby
Bixby is more of a device assistant rather then an information assistant. bixby is capable of doing some neat things but I must say it can be a little picky about how commands are given to it. that being said Bixby can learn what you like and how you speak and I would suggest giving it a fair chance and play around with it and maybe watch some YouTube videos about it. also Bixby is being up dated all the time so it's always being improved.
Bixby
@TBone, have you noticed that when asking Bixby to send messages or read email while hand free, Bixby ask for need to unlock the phone first. Even thou I have enabled "Use while phone locked". I remembered it was allow me to create text message while I am driving.

Does your Bixby do the same? I did clear data and cache, set everything again, but same things happened.