Original topic:

πŸ“Œ Community Guidelines discussion megathread πŸ“Œ

(Topic created on: 07-09-2019 11:47 AM)
Options
Community Guidelines

If you have any comments or suggestions about the Community Guidelines, feel free to post them in this thread!

Related comments and threads will be moved into this megathread in order to keep our forum nice and tidy 😊

65 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Community Guidelines
if one of our (a users) posts falls under something that can warrant a post removal ect. does that user get a PM explaining why that way the user can possibly prevent from doing it again?
Options
Community Guidelines

Hey @Habsfan,

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your comment to this discussion megathread so we can keep all of the suggestions in one place 😊

Currently we only notify the user if they have posted something that warrants a ban, but we can definitely look into providing users with an explanation if their post is removed. It's important to note that the PM functionality has not yet been implemented in-app though, so they'll only receive the message if they're signed up for the web community.

Cheers,

Sabrina

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Community Guidelines
Yes, it su cks not having a PM function in app, and hopefully that comes. but I do think some sort of pm or something to tell the user why the post was removed would be great and helpful, as then the user could learn from that and not make the same mistake again that could lead to a ban or other things. we all have different standards or morals on say jokes and such that some could find it offensive or others don't. so knowing when we overstepped would be great. As I know I don't want to get banned lol
mytech
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
I wouldn't mind if they banned you πŸ€ͺ🀣😭
Options
Community Guidelines

Noted! I'll talk to the Members team about bringing PM functionality to the app. In the meantime, I'll figure out a way to reach out to those who aren't signed up to the web community.

I really appreciate the feedback, it really helps us understand what the community is looking for when it comes to moderation!

Cheers,

Sabrina

mytech
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
Still waiting for pm in app 🀦
Community Guidelines
Mostly looking for an expeditious method - to not only Report posts - but particularly to remove the particularly egregiously offensive posts... or at least have the posts "sandboxed" until a moderator can determine their fate...
There have been some posts of this kind - That have remained on Samsung Members for more than a day... I'm sure that Samsung would not want to expose current & especially new people to some of them! πŸ•ŠοΈ
Options
Community Guidelines

Hey @Shaggyskunk1,

Not to worry, I hear youβ€”I've been tracking your comments on the posts that you flag πŸ˜‰ The Members team and I are working on something to deal with this, just have to iron out the details! Stay tuned...

Cheers,

Sabrina

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
I love it! We now have all the community essentials.
Perhaps we could also have a Members presentation thread too when they get selected (Ambassadors I mean)? I always thought that it would feel more welcoming that way.

(NVM for the question haha, Shaggyskunk beated me to the punch)