Original topic:

Issue with notification/system sounds S10

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 01:42 PM)
missvaughan
Active Level 1
Options
Community Guidelines

I was wondering if there were any updates or ETAs on the fix for the notification and system sound issue on the S10? I'd really like to be able to hear sound again on my new phone😔

9 Comments
SamsungMad
Active Level 4
Community Guidelines
what exactly is your issue, I haven't heard of this before.
missvaughan
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines

I have a ringtone and that works, application notifications work, but any messaging notifications don't work and no system sounds work (camera, charging, etc)

I was told the last update was making it so after market apps don't  work anymore (like apple does)  but I've deleted anything to do with sounds and it didn't fix the issue, beside the fact that they have nothing to do with system sounds.

When I called Samsung they told me they were aware of the issue and a new update was coming out to fix it, they didn't have a timeframe so I was wondering if there had been any updates on when this is coming.

carr0498
Active Level 10
Community Guidelines

I had an issue like this before with my S7 and the Oreo update.  My only solution was to factory reset.  Seemed that there was a bug where my audio file wasn't being properly detected and wasn't giving actual alert tones.  Once I reset my device, the notification sounds started working again.

If you choose to do this method, ensure you do a backup of your device with SmartSwitch.

Community Guidelines
If this happened after Android10 upgrade, I recommend go to recovery mode and wipe cache partition before you do the factory reset. Worth to try.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
Less time and headache too 🤦♂️
missvaughan
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines

I tried this, but thank you for the suggestion😊

Community Guidelines
idk iffy bout the upgrade for 9s+
all these probs.
Dont.need anymore,.lol.
data- have a one all!
Membera eats up le data.
0 Likes
missvaughan
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines

Update factory rest did not work

Community Guidelines
carr0498 solution accepted,.may help.us OTHERS LATER...
0 Likes