Original topic:

PSA: OneUI 1.1 on Tablets lets you literally protect your battery.

(Topic created on: 05-10-2019 01:22 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Tablets
Ever feared of degrading your battery because of your poor charging habits? Samsung's got the solution now.

What's that? No, it's not a new battery technology. OneUI 1.1 allows you to limit the maximum charge of the battery to 85%. This should limit the pressure on the battery.

There are apps out there such as AccuBattery that want to help you have better battery habits but they only can do so much without system access.

Enabling this feature will require a reboot. After you have done so, the device you are using will adjust the battery levels accordingly. You can still charge the device to 100% but it will only be 85% in reality.

Want in? Head to Device Care, Battery, 3 Dots (More Options), Advanced Settings, Protect Battery. Reboot and enjoy.

Its not a definitive decision. At any time, you can cancel this and go back to full 100% usage of the battery

(The question mark is due to the fact that I don't know if it's exclusive to tablets or all OneUI 1.1 devices)
21 Comments
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Tablets
My S10 doesn't have this option :(
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Tablets

Mine either - must be just tablets

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Tablets
Samsung please add this a feature to the S10 as well!!
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
Tablet has like 5000mah right? Maybe that's why 85%. Otherwise on s10e that's like 2700ish Mah capacity. Means more frequent charges
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Tablets
S10e is 3100mAh. 2600 is the S6. You're living in the past man
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Tablets
@ch I'm talking about 85% of total capacity
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5