Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samaung S10 Latest Software Update

(Topic created on: 06-18-2020 12:28 AM)
adnhimra18
Active Level 1
Options
Community Guidelines
After I updated my software, battery goes down real fast. Eats up at least 2% every minute 😪

I wish I hadn't done the update. 

Any tips would be appreciated.
2 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
When your Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery life drains faster than usual, you can first check the Battery Usage. Here, you can check which apps consume too much power. Close or uninstall the misbehaving apps. To check Battery Usage, go to Settings > Device Care > Battery.

The apps that you have opened will keep running in the background even if you aren’t using them. If you keep an app in the background, it will keep updating the content. Whenever you want to use the app, it will open faster because it doesn’t have to reload the contents from the beginning. It is efficient, yet it can drain your phone.

Reboot Your Device

This method is effective in fixing common issues, including the problems related to the battery. To reboot the phone, you can just hold down the power button and choose Restart.

Turn Off Tap To Wake Feature

Many Samsung Galaxy S10 users complained (via Samsung US community forum) about their phone accidentally taps while in their pocket and cause the battery to drain so quickly. One of them reported that his Galaxy S10 even started recording. If you face the same issue, turn off the Tap T0 Wake feature.

Power Saving Mode

If you find yourself in a situation where you can’t charge your phone and the battery level is low, you can enable power saving mode. Go to Settings > Device care > Battery.

Factory Data Reset

If you have done all the methods above but still cannot fix Samsung Galaxy S10 battery issues, performing Factory Data Reset may help. To do this method, head to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset. Then, tap Reset, enter your password, and tap Delete all.
0 Likes
adnhimra18
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines
How long does the battery usually last with this type of phone?

I owned an A50 prior to getting the S10. I have way more apps on the A50 than the S10.

Have done all your recommendations above. No go.
0 Likes