Original topic:

TvTrouble

(Topic created on: 05-17-2020 02:52 PM)
LadyofLeisure
Active Level 1
Options
Community Guidelines
When I try to connect my tv to the wifi, it's always stuck "checking for wireless network connection." I've had it plugged into the same outlet and in the same area for over a year and never ran into this problem. Besides rebooting my wifi, factory resetting my tv and unplugging/plugging back in does anyone have any suggestions? It told me to contact Samsung Customer Service. I have the UN40MU6290F model.
0 Likes
8 Comments
keagan
Options
Community Guidelines
Hi LadyofLeisure, Your television device needs to get examined by the Samsung authorized technician.
Please Note: Due to Covid-19 precautions, Service Centre operation hours may be impacted. Please contact the Service Centre prior to visiting to confirm hours of operation.
0 Likes
LadyofLeisure
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines
Thank You much appreciated!
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Community Guidelines

Have you tried connecting to wifi with a cable to see if it will work that way rather than wireless??

LadyofLeisure
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines
I haven't because the router is on the main floor. So I'd have disconnect everything in order for it to work. I should try that though cause I'm sure it would work. Thank you for the suggestion. Hopefully I can get it figured out.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Community Guidelines
if your router is on a different floor that very well could be the problem. A cable would be a cheap fix compared to what you might be charged to possibly fix your wireless on your tv and then being told it doesn't work because of being on another floor.
You're tv or router could not be as strong as previously or you could have something interfering with the signal that wasn't before. A direct cable would eliminate those possibilities
0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines
I had those issues all the time with my Samsung since day one. hardwired to router and no issues again
mytech
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
I agree with @Ray2 and @perfectg

The only thing I would add is...

-turn off auto updates on the tv bc I've gotten updates that messed up my wireless (I only update when something is wrong /not working, but once it's good I leave it alone. Also when you manually update and if things go south, you know what happened) 🤷

-might consider carrying the tv close to your router and plug it in to try, instead of wrecking your house running wires everywhere and finding out that don't work either 🤦

-If nothing you could check for a new tv update bc sometimes they do help as well
0 Likes
LadyofLeisure
Active Level 1
Community Guidelines
Thank You so much that's helpful!
0 Likes