Original topic:

πŸ€”

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 06:26 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Community Guidelines
I just saw that a certain member here has every single post and comment liked by two ghost accounts. These accounts are unused, except for following that member and liking every single post he ever published.

That seems suspicious but I don't want to point and shame to create a toxic environment. This unfortunately diminishes the point of likes here. They are meant to show approval or helpfulness, but by making this, like become meaningless. Imagine if everyone was to do that...

So would be nice if that person stops doing this, so that likes finally have a meaning again.
25 Comments
Community Guidelines

And not only the fraudulent "likes" but even more damaging are the bogus "resolved"! Some new people might actually believe that the Troll's nonsense is something to believe!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
Yeah the green checkmark looks like that content is legitimate or worth looking at, basically puts spotlights on trolling

Can't imagine if a troll makes some post about how to add Mobile Data QS Tiles, and then makes people download and execute as administrator a batch file that wipes the computer (or System32 and SysWOW64). Add that RESOLVED checkmark and people just might believe it, with dramatic consequences.

At least, people still appear to avoid using the search function so effects may remain limited
Corazon
Active Level 5
Community Guidelines
That's scary.
0 Likes
Corazon
Active Level 5
Community Guidelines
Another thing to worry about...just what I was afraid of.
0 Likes
Community Guidelines
Just avoid taking the advice of people who have very few posts/comments & whose oldest posts are made within the last couple of days - UNLESS corroborated by a more established member & you should be fine....
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
Sorry to share such scary and uncanny information. But I felt it had to be done. Do take Shaggyskunk1's advice. It's always good to take every post from any public place with a pinch of salt and a healthy dose of reflection.
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
i started this thread. When my sister gets home i'll add another like.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
❔
0 Likes
Community Guidelines
Uhm - Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing that @CHMultimedia named anyone in his post? It never occurred to me that he was pointing any finger at you....
Unrelated & Just my opinion - Soliciting "likes" or "Accept as Solution/Resolved" is just kinda sad - I know that on XDA (where I have been for a long time & have been very active - Senior members took a dim view of "click on the Thanks if I've helped you" type of posts or signatures... Like I said - Unrelated 🐧