Original topic:

#NewYearNewYou

(Topic created on: 02-06-2019 06:33 PM)
seobro
Active Level 6
Options
ETC

b3e212a2-0341-423a-9534-81615c8701ee.jpg

This year, one of my resolutions is to learn and become fluent in Korean. Having been raised as a second generation Korean, communication in Korean has always been a challenge between myself and other people. I was raised in Canada, It was often frustrating to try and express my thoughts in Korean because I simply was unable to due to my own limitations. 
This year however, learning Korean has become a particularly goal of mine. I am surrounding myself in new experiences and meeting new people, and if I learn Korean I know it will open many opportunities for me. 
To reach this goal, I have bought and begun to fill a notebook dedicated to learning Korean alone. It contains several things, from my interpretation and translation of song lyrics, collection of Korean idioms, or new Korean vocabulary that I learn through conversation and media. The picture above represents one of these several new vocabulary pages, and I am slowly developing a daily strategy to practice, memorize and integrate these into my daily life. 
As a Korean, my language is important to me and holds a deep cultural importance, and I have chosen this year to finally accept the challenge and being learning. 
0 Likes
1 Comment
Moderator_
Options
ETC
Hey @seobro,

I'm glad you decided to take the first step in learning Korean—I think there's a lot to be gained through connecting with your cultural roots! Best of luck 😊

Cheers,
Sabrina
0 Likes