Original topic:

Thanks to Samsung for Fueling My 2019 Goals! #NewYearNewYou

(Topic created on: 02-08-2019 07:34 PM)
ZMAHD
Options
ETC
Over the last two weeks, I've seen a lot of entries for this and I have to say I was really inspired (and intimidated by @Cprice) to share my goals for this year!

First of all, I have to clarify something, I am not a sport person and you bet I don't exercise AT ALL. However, since August of last year, I've been dramatically changed after my purchase of my Samsung Gear S2; at this time, I knew the Galaxy Watch was out, but I never purchased a smartwatch before, and I am not that savvy about watches so I took the S2, and to this day, I still have no regrets!

One of my favourite activities to do is cycling, it's easy, doesn't tire you out too quickly like running and it's fun! Up until August, I've been cycling all of Summer, and since I got my Gear S2, for the first time I got to see the Statistics of my rides! It was wonderful, and each day I pushed to build upon my miles. I continued this until October and my record was about 50 km per week. It felt awesome! The bummer was i couldn't continue cycling in the cold, so I resorted to walking, which wasn't as fun, but it gave me a bigger opportunity to work on my hobby, Mobile photography! 

The watch tracked my steps on the daily, and I made it a goal each day to meet my 7000 step goal (Yeah... That goes to show how lazy I am 😂) and I was astounded to see that I surpassed that EVERYDAY! I hated walking long distances in the cold, but this was my only motivation to stay out a bit longer, and once the big Toronto Storm hit, boy was it cold, but also a great time to shoot photos! It was the best of both worlds, I got to take photos and be healthy! Here are some of the ones I took, straight out of a nightmare! 😂
c13a588a-1dc4-4d28-9c14-789f3200e879.jpg

02505854-eda7-4a30-ae95-a18cb8bba1d2.jpg

eed3e0bc-e2df-48ab-bfe7-4a2195796ab4.jpg

The watch really pushed me to walk longer distances in the cold, and I'm grateful for the fact I got to pursue a hobby this way. However, this was not the life changing part of owning it, the sleep tracking was.

See, I have trouble sleeping well, I always feel tired in the morning and I don't have very productive days because of that. The sleep tracking really did put this into perspective; and I found the the first few months shocking, I WAS GETTING ONLY 4 HOURS OF SLEEP!

It was mind boggling, but I knew this was the cause of my problems, so I took meditation for better sleep and it surprisingly worked! Now I'm averaging about 7.5 hours of sleep and it has changed my life completely!

c5b79129-b01d-49c7-a17a-967043a6d037.jpg

Goals For 2019:

Take 100 memorable photos

Have 200 km of cycling distance within 2 weeks during the summer

Achieve 8 hours of sleep with 90% or higher effectiveness

Conclusion

I want to thank Samsung for creating meaningful technology that Actually changed my life, I have never gotten such a great gift from a product quite like this, and it is incredible!
2 Comments
Moderator_
Options
ETC
Hey @ZMAHD,

Wow, these are some really well thought out resolutions! Your photo evidence definitely shows us you're taking some big steps towards your goals this year 😊

Keep up the good work, we're rooting for you!
Sabrina
mytech
Expert Level 3
ETC
Can't believe I missed this! inspiring!! 😊👍I hate carrying, wearing too much but you seriously got me rethinking having something like this 🤪