Original topic:

Winter!

(Topic created on: 11-04-2019 01:34 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
ETC

Winter? I love winter. Especially snow. I'm eager to experience snow once again. My favourite activity with snow is sitting inside in a cozy place and just staring at the window, with a lot of snow gently coming down. There's nothing quite like that. Alternatively, if the outside temperature is not too low and that the wind is not too strong, standing on the shore of a river on on an elevated bridge turns out equally satisfiying. In those moments, there's only you and you alone. I really enjoy those moments.

Unfortunately, it's not without it's disadvantages. We are often subject to a certain type of snow people around here call "slush". It's exactly as what you think, except it's not tasty or colourful. It's  not-quite-melted half-liquid dirty snow, sometimes with crud hidden inside such as trash and rocks. Walking outside, a pothole can turn into a small pond and then into a free "shower" if an inconsiderate driver comes by. Then, surface public transit is often slowed down due to this. At least there's still the metro, even though it needs expansion since a line is saturated.

Also, there are those snow days that are just cold. I hate those days. But overall, I love winter.

As for preparations... I recently bought some hot chocolate powder, ready to be used when snow finally arrives. In anticipation, I also started a new game in Cities Skylines in Winter mode. I love those all white trees.

2 Comments
dinoj
Beginner Level 2
ETC
wow
0 Likes
dinoj
Beginner Level 2
ETC
just starting
0 Likes