Original topic:

A5 2017 Bluetooth media

(Topic created on: 09-27-2017 03:09 PM)
jrcroz86
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
for some reason I can not get my a5 2017 to play Bluetooth media through my does sync. please help
0 Likes
11 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
can you give us more detail....
what happens when you turn on Bluetooth???. does it scan ok ??? Is it finding blue tooth devices??? any thing you can tell will help.
0 Likes
jrcroz86
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
the call audio works. connects Instantly. But for some reason I can not get my a5 to play media audi
0 Likes
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I suspect the problem lies with the bluetooth module installed in the car
Car bluetooth systems usually have support for either A2DP (Music) or HSP (Calls) bluetooth profiles. In order to play music over Bluetooth speaker in the car must have A2DP support.

Bluetooth speakers for cars in general are notorious for having only support for the call protocol and not the music one. To confirm this, I recommend trying to pair another phone to the car and seeing if it can play music. If it cannot then you will need to invest in an AUX cable to bluetooth adapter if you want to play music via bluetooth in the car
0 Likes
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
When you're connected have you gone into the connected device setting of your phone and made sure media was turned on?
With my van I can connect it for phone, text, contacts and media separately. Make sure media is on.
You can access this by selecting Bluetooth and you will see connected devices. Beside your phone should be a cog wheel where you can change your settings.
df0d1051-540c-4b6a-b8f8-366940045d86.jpg
0 Likes
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
and just in case you're trying to connect a different device. The same settings apply for my Bluetooth speaker. Separate toggles for call and media. 38b52641-5a66-49c7-b055-89c5df063b9a.jpg
0 Likes
jrcroz86
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
it just started working on it's own haha. But thanks anyways
0 Likes
Canadianreaper
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I also been having problems with Bluetooth, yesterday I had to unpair my headset reset the phone and tried my headphones on another phone and it worked then I tried it back on my phone and it worked fine... except for the harsh random static interference even when nothing is running every once in a while
0 Likes
Marika
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
where do I find the sync for my bluetooth for my car.
0 Likes
EdwardT
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
should be a button with the word "pair" on it. Maybe on a dropdown list.
0 Likes