Original topic:

A50 won't charge

(Topic created on: 10-21-2020 11:20 AM)
MEV
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
My A50 won't charge at all on any of my fast charger. And won't charge more than  77%. Anything I can do? I'm getting a new phone next week
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy A
Hi MEV, sounds like battery problem. If you getting a new phone next week, I think the most important thing to do right how is using SmartSwitch to do a full backup of your phone. Even the battery totally dead and your phone cannot turn on, you still have a full backup to restore to new phone.
MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Nothing to do to help out for a few more days?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Thanks Tallman.

Hi MEV,  Please check if you have enabled "Fast Charging" by launching the Settings app >> Device care >> Battery >> Charging >> Fast charging (enabled)
Please note that while charging, you cannot activate or deactivate this feature. If the device heats up or the ambient air temperature rises, the charging speed may decrease automatically. This is a normal operating condition to prevent damage to the device.

MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Right now I have to keep the phone plugged in because the battery life won't charge. Just stay put
0 Likes
Galaxy A
maybe there's somethjng wrong with the charging port.. just searched that a50 doesn't support wireless charging.. have you tried different cable or the power plug?? :)
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hi MEV,

As mentioned by 

Please try the below steps:
- Use an official charger
- Check for damage
- Try a new cable
- Try a different power source
- Clean the charging port(Try gently blowing into the charging port to remove dust and debris.
Please note: Do not insert any object into the charging port. This can result in damage to the charging port.)
Get back to us with the result.

Thank you 

MEV
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yes. I finally found an old power plug that works! Thanks all for your help!
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi MEV, Glad that the issue got resolved. Please take the time to accept the comment that helped you as solution and help others with the same query.