Original topic:

A51 RCS Issue

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 09:59 AM)
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
EDIT: Seems to be a Google Messages issue and not something on my end. Original message below.

I've been using my A51 for the past month and have had no issues until yesterday. I have Samsung Messages that has chat features enabled and starting yesterday if someone with RCS enabled tries to text me it always tries to send me a RCS message even if I'm offline. So in order to see some messages I have to be online. I can send/receive texts like normal and RCS works when online as well.

Both people are using Google Messages (one is an A8 and one is a Pixel 4) but that shouldn't be an issue. I haven't changed any Samsung Messages settings or installed any new apps recently. Tried cleaning cache and cleared Samsung Messages cache as well with no changes to the issue. Also tried safe mode to no luck.
0 Likes
4 Comments
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I believe that RCS only works between Samsung Messages, and doesn't work with Google Messages. And it's also dependent on the Service Providers.
0 Likes
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
RCS works between Samsung and Google Messages as I've sent/received texts and RCS messages just fine until yesterday.

Unless there has been a recent update that changed things I don't think the different apps are the issue.
0 Likes
cloneofghosts
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Figured it out. Its a Google Messages bug as other users are complaining about the issue on the play store.
0 Likes
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy A

Hi cloneofghosts,
Please check with the Google support team and they will help you further.

0 Likes