Original topic:

A70 - Battery drainage issue after Android 10 upgrade

(Topic created on: 07-19-2020 01:38 PM)
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi,

Did anyone else notice that their A70 battery is draining a lot faster after the recent Android 10 software update?

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I tried contacting Samsung, but they were not much of a help...

Thanks!
17 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
if you just updated it can take a week or so to settle if your still noticing a big drain i would do a factory reset.
0 Likes
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi Vape,

Thanks for the info.

What will factory reset do? A Samsung rep suggested the same, but the issue is within the new Android 10 software update. Factory reset will reset everything, but Android 10 will stay. If the issue is within Android 10, then how can I fix it? Thought of reverting the update back to Android 9, but the Samsung re said that's not possible. They're not much of a help. 🙄

Thanks!
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
well sometimes bugs come when updating. so a factory reset puts everything in a straight line kinda of think of it as a messy filling cabinet with papers all over the place its hard to find stuff right? so a factory reset will place the files in a straight line where there easy to find with all the garbage cleaned up. hopefully that makes sense.

computer, phones,vehicle all can run better with a factory reset every so often :)
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

2 things and normally with  those 2 things, you won't need a factory reset  :

A- Did a Wipe cache partition 

Here are the steps for wipe cache partition:

1. Turnoff your phone using the power button.

2. Press and hold the Volume up and power button simultaneously for 1-2 minutes.

3. Release the keys once you see the Samsung logo.

4. Press Volume up button to get into the recovery mode.

5. In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options.

6. Select “Wipe Cache Partition”.

7. You need to provide your consent for going to next step by selecting “Yes”.

8. Reboot the device once the wipe cache partition process is complete.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/m-p/3156063#M1...

B- Go in Settings / Applications / Device care /Stockage,  clear the cache and clear data...after that restart your device and everything should work properly 

RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi Cassidy,

Thank you for helping out.

I tried Step A, but it didn't help much.

I then wanted to try Step B, but wasn't able to proceed with the instructions you have provided. The instructions you have provided in Step B, is it for A70?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It's for all devices, look at the following pictures ...Sorry in French it's Stockage, in English it's storage
When I did that on my devices, I don't need to wait a week...Just tell me about yours
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Hi Cassidy,

Thanks for the screenshots. I have executed Step B. I'll now wait a week to see if it works.

Thanks!
Montypython
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I had issue until it "learned" usage pattern for about a week, then settled to previous usage levels
RastaChin
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
OK thanks!
0 Likes