Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A71 Charging Issue after Software Update

(Topic created on: 07-26-2020 10:43 PM)
Rooooooo
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Hi guys. I've been having some issues with my Galaxy A71 after the most recent update just this weekend. I've been trying not to charge my phone beyond 80% with the super fast charger that came with it since I don't want to kill the battery by having it go through full charging cycles every time I charged it. It's almost always only during the weekends that I charge it up to 100%.

Yesterday and today though, my phone got stuck somewhere between 79-81%. Yesterday I managed to get it to 100% by restarting my phone. It took me more than 3 hours to get there though. Today, it just stopped at 80% and refused to move, which is okay, since it's a weekday and I'm back on my weekday charging habits. What I'm worried about is if this issue will persist over the next couple of days.

Do you think the recent software update did something? My phone was doing just fine until then.

Thank you!!
6 Comments
janibari
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
im A71 user here. i have observe some inconsistencies in charging. mine stops charging at 98%. but when i restart my phone. its 100% fully charged.(i dont know if its ok to over charge) though not all the time. say i always time.my charge as per review 1 hr and 20 minutes. the usual.
why not go charging 100%? will it really kill the battery?
Rooooooo
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi! It's more of a choice for me, really, to not charge my phone to 100%. Especially with the quarantine in place, I don't really go out so I don't need extra juice. I have also read in some tech articles that the last 20% of the charging cycle puts the most strain on the battery. And that's on both low and high ends of the battery capacity. I try not to let my battery drop to lower than 20% or go over 80%. I also do this with my laptop since li-ion batteries have limited charging cycles and I don't want to exhaust those to maintain a healthy battery.
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Not an A71 user but I think the software update has a bugs that has not been fixed by the developer yet. You better observe your phone for a week and if you see nothing changes, you better have to contact Samsung customer service representative for a consultation or report this error if you think it was an error here in Samsung Members app. Go to GET HELP, then ASK/REPORT, then write everything in detail there then submit. 😊
Rooooooo
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
Thank you! I've had no problem so far test-charging my phone to 100% since posting. I'll probably keep it up until the weekend then back to my usual charging. 😊 Thanks again!
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Okay. That's great then. 😊
0 Likes
iiiden
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Mine does that too. I even had the previous one replaced despite all the troubleshooting. But the new one stopped at a certain % as well. I got fed up so I just turned off fast charging. So far its been a month and the charging goes up to full charge. Just kind of sad that I wouldnt get to experience the 25W super fast charging speed now. It takes 2-3 hrs to full charge (unlike the 1 1/2 hr charging speed when the charging isnt being buggy).