Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A71 Native Gallery is taking up too much space

(Topic created on: 07-20-2020 10:46 AM)
Nabski
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy A
This is not a problem. I just wanna share with you what I discovered a while ago. So almost everyday or every other day, I optimize my phone manually using the device care. Everyday I also record my games but I usually store it in  my  SD card so that my phone's storage will only be left for apps. 

This week I started noticing my phone's storage is being eaten up so quickly even though my screen recording is in the SD card storage. So I took a look at app usage. I found out that the Gallery app is eating 15+ GB of phone storage. I don't know why. All my multimedia files is stored in my external storage. So I cleared the cache and data of gallery app and this cleared a lot of internal storage space.

What could be causing this? Is previewing videos and pictures caused that problem? I don't know. Maybe someone here can give me enlightenment. 

I shared this so that other samsung phone users can take a look at their storage capacity from time to time to prevent issues.

Also putting up much files in the internal storage can slow your phone in the future eventually. ;)
9 Comments
marcellaz
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
i have noticed that too. i think it maybe the stories and the suggested areas of the gallery because it creates collages and video presentations using the photos saved on the device. i think i had this issue as well with my note 5 and s9..
Nabski
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
yeah that also creates enough files. you just need to clear cache and data once in a while. :)
0 Likes
janibari
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
sir set your screen record to the lowest resolution. ive bin screen recording too. i really wonder why its gettin full easily. i found out to use the lowest resolution and use a bigger memory SD CARD. how many gig is your SD card?🙂
Nabski
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I found the root cause of the problem here. The gallery has a Trash function enabled. And everytime I delete a file, it goes automatically to trash ( Just like a Recycle Bin in PC). It is stored in trash for 30 days so it accumulated in there. Also I have a 64GB SD card. it is sufficient enough to store my video and photos before transferring to my external HDD.

So the solution is to always empty your trash. And if possible, set your default storage to SD card
janibari
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
youngot a point sir.there might be a problem that needs to be updated. im trying to solve this problem purchasing a good SD CARD writinh speed and a memory of 256Gb or 512Gb. thats the best idea i do have now. hope it will lessen the burden
.hehe
0 Likes
janibari
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
oh.. yes.. that trash thing.. it saves a lot of memory too. its new to samsung feature. if you dont know about it.. your keeping too much trash on your phone. hehe anyway. thanks sir. got reminded.
Nabski
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
yeah but its not that new. First time I see it in a samsung is last year. But I wonder why samsung bothered to put it anyways hahaha it just consumes valuable space
janibari
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
that trash feature ideas comes from.the mansanas brand. haha😂😂...but it somehow useful. not all.the tine
Wilson461
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Try to clean recycle bin

0 Likes