Original topic:

Android Streaming For Hearing Aids (ASHA) support in Galaxy phones

(Topic created on: 03-13-2020 11:51 AM)
jdhanley
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have a new pair of ReSound Hearing Aids that are compatible with the new Android Streaming for Hearing Aids protocol released in Android 10. This new open source technology is officially supported in Samsung's Galaxy S10, S20 & S9 phones using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).

Are other Samsung phones such as the Galaxy As also supported? If not, when can I expect this feature in these phones?

Thank you.

12 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hey jdhanley,

Android Streaming For Hearing Aids technology is supported only on Android 10 devices and as of now available only on Samsung S9, S10 and S20 series phones which are updated to Android 10.
The tentative release date of Android 10 for Galaxy A series would be in May 2020.
Ibrahem1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hello, 

I need to know something 

I have Hearing device coclhear necluse 7 

I need to buy smasung s20 ultra before i buy it hes supported Hearing device for music? 

keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Ibrahem1, 

You can find the information about the compatibility by accessing the below link.
0 Likes
lixu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Does any samsung mobile devices with Android 10 support ASHA ? 

0 Likes
Bill_W
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Does the S21FE support ASHA protocol to stream from the cell to hearing aids, such as Oticon?

0 Likes
ellenruesen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
  • Hi, i have Samsung a 22 and want to connect with my rebound GN hearing device,  is it possible and how?? Thx, Ellen Ruesen 
0 Likes
BertvanderPauw
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

It is now 2023

Is the asha already available ?

Kind regards 

beeman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I believe so, My Galaxy S10e is

0 Likes
pmlurie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have a Galaxy A7 with  UI 2.1 upgrade with Android 10. When will it have the ASHA Hearing Device Support I have on my Galaxy 10 phone.