tastevehret
Beginner Level 2
I have a Galaxy A8 and since the update in April my phone no longer scans for bluetooth. I rarely can connect to my car, my fit bit no longer pairs, my bluetooth doesnt pick up for our house bluetooth speaker. I am beyond frustrated. Is anyone else having the same issue? I have taken my phone to the local Samsung store and it shows no issues on their system. It says my phone is fine.
11 Comments
banff1
Active Level 1
all that you said happened to me
sent phone to samsung in Toronto...twice...got a new phone out of the deal

but the same thing happened too the new phone
...there is an update hopefully this issue will be finally fixed..
will post my findings
tastevehret
Beginner Level 2
this is beyond frustrating. their solution to me is a factory reset which I do not want to do. Samsung needs to get their poop in a group and just fix the issue. especially for what we pay for their products....time to change to iPhone 🤔🤔🤔🤔
lololo
Beginner Level 2
I was told my car system needed to be updated
cloneofghosts
Active Level 3
It's a known issue with the A8 as others have posted with the same issue. There's always the option to wipe cache or do a factory reset to see if that fixes the issue. You could try looking at the post below as well to see if anything helps there.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Samsung-Galaxy-a8/m-p/1187927#M2775
tastevehret
Beginner Level 2
when I click in the link it tells me that I am risking my personal information being shared and possible damage to my device.
cloneofghosts
Active Level 3
It's just a samsung community link so there should be no issues with it as it was linked in another thread
tastevehret
Beginner Level 2
thank you...I had a read. hopefully they fix this issue soon...its been going on since the April update
cloneofghosts
Active Level 3
The update a few days ago hasn't fixed the issue? I haven't had this issue at all so I'm not sure if the latest patch fixed it.
db6329842
Beginner Level 2
I contacted support was told by Valerie that no one else was having this issue that it must be my phone ha bunch of bs