Original topic:

Charging A50 overnight

(Topic created on: 11-15-2019 05:25 PM)
Steve_123
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I just read where they were saying not to leave one's phone plugged in overnight, that it will reduce battery lifetime.   Now I know most of the charging rules for optimal life (in fact I don't leave charger plugged in overnight or for extended periods), but it seems to me that it would be so easy to build some smarts into the charge circuitry to ensure maximum battery life.    I use the charger supplied with my phone.   Any Samsung engineers out there that could put some colour on this subject  ?    Or where a Samsung tech has discussed this as it relates to the newer Samsung phones ?   

9 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I've heard to not drop below 20 and not go over 80.
You won't get any advice from a Samsung tech here.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
I've witnessed... No matter what I do or how I charge any phone/device I've had in the last I dunno how many years, that my batteries last a long long time and by the time they need replacement I'm on a new device and if not then they are cheap enough to buy if I needed a new one 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤪🙃😊🤙👍
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Ps
My stuff stays plugged in for days at times @ %100 and live 🤪
And my stuff definitely goes to %0 and has naps lol
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
The fact of the matter is you'll need to change a battery after 1.5 to 2 years depending on the cycles of use. Heat and cold just make the term shorter.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A
not true..

I still have and use a S7edge and battery is just fine..
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I'm talking like a full day use kinda battery life. I also have an s5 and note 4 but they don't get close to a full day use like my 6 hours screen on time like my note 9. Not saying it wouldn't work just pointing out that it drops in life by close to 50-60 percent in that time frame which is annoying. Next sept after that is just random power off from different %.
0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I plug my s8+ in every night till I wake up next morning
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I agree completly with mytech. Also there is circuitry that prevents charging which exists in all lithium batteries, without which the batteries could over heat. This is demonstrated when the phone announces fully charged. So you definitely don't have to worry about over night charging.
Snowwinerie
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I always have my phones plugged in unless I go to stores 

0 Likes