Original topic:

Disappointed Customer

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 05:16 AM)
mike8606
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
As I sit and wait for Rogers/Fido to update the A70 to android 10l, I'll say this is my first and last Samsung phone. strictly on the principle, that the a50 a lower end phone than the a70 is on monthly updates and already has android 10, where as my fido a70 is still on android 9 with a December 2019 security update. Samsung should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers who spent more for their phones like second class citizens . it is sad because I really do like the phone...
0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I hear ya, but there are plenty of android phones not made by samsung...
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
I hear you...
please tell me what's in these updates that WE need?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Novelty?
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
It's amazing how they program all these devices, then find flaws that needs updates needed and it's "virtually" impossible to get them 🤦
0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
well for me it's a question of having spent money to buy the latest greatest outdated by the time you buy it phone, and then not have the latest updates to go with it
if I wanted to use old software I would have kept my old phone
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Well, you certainly did not buy the Greatest, the A series not fitting that description. But Samsung's update policy is available online (for security updates at least) so it wouldn't have hurt to check before buying.

If you really are disappointed by them, then you are in your right to say so and never buy their products again. Do check your next OEM's updates policy. LG and Motorola are so much worse for example when it comes to updates.
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
update policy on the a70 is quarterly, last update was December 2019, so how is that quarterly??
0 Likes
mike8606
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
also at the time I purchased the phone the a70 was the highest available phone in the A series, so yes if any phone in the A series should have the monthly updates it should be the A70 not the A50
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The A5 always had more updates than other phones in the A series. A5 2016, A5 2017, A8 2018, A50 and now the A51.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
And what is it that you need? 🤦
Your freaking me out thinking I need an update of nothing
@Shaggyskunk1
https://youtu.be/wFNO2sSW-mU
0 Likes