Original topic:

Exploding phone

(Topic created on: 08-16-2019 09:42 AM)
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

I just wanted to relay this incident to all users with a Samsung A70 phone.

I previously bought an A70 from Walmart upon signing up with Koodo mobile. The device seemed like it worked at first but it was very slow to respond at times and even froze a couple of times. A couple of days went by and my daughter had complained that the phone was getting really really hot to touch on the back so I unplugged it from the charger and inspected it to see what was happening. After a few moments, it started sparking and shooting out black smoke and ooze out of the side. Startling me, I through it down as it caught fire. I went to put it out with my right foot and it exploded under my foot causing damage to the floor and damage to my foot. I explained what happened to Samsung and they told me that they were very sorry and wanted to resolve this. They asked about damage and I explained that there was damage to the floor and my foot. They said they would look into the case further as to what happened and said they would resolve it asap. I agreed.

A few days went by and the pain got worst on my right foot, to the point where it put me out of work. I had to go to the doctor and the doctor said that I had severe soft tissue damage to my foot and then another doctor had said the same as I got a second opinion. It has caused pain and suffereing and stress and anxiety as now I'm out of work and I cannot walk. I have a curve in my back which goes to the right and all the weight is shifted to my right foot when I walk naturally but now that my right foot is damaged, it has irritated my back and my posture and putting me into more pain.

I continue to speak with Samsung about this as they continue to avoid the case telling me that they will take care of it. Last week, fortunately, they asked me to send the phone back to them and I finally did. They told me that they would analyze it. Analyze a phone that blew up? What's to analyze. I feel like I'm being tossed aside and not taken seriously about this. I have spoken to a lawyer and they have told me that I have a case against them. I don't want to cause any trouble over this as I really like Samsung but I need others to be alert to this phone.

Already my brother in law and his fellow workers are complaining of their A70s getting either too hot or not working at all. Please be aware of this phone as all the bugs haven't been worked out yet.

Please Samsung, resolve this asap.

Anyway, thank you for your time to read this.

0 Likes
Galaxy A
Well - It might be a little soon to say that it was Samsung's responsibility.... Same as too soon to blame the consumers as well... This is an individual's account of what happened - Need a lot more information to make any side accountable... & "fwiw" ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Now that is crazy dangerous! I've seen someone try and put out a grease fire with water and holy cr@p that was awesome but scary. Class ABC extinguishers work fine...every household should have one along with fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Safe than sorry ๐Ÿ˜Š
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Take care of the kiddoes!!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
NEEEEEVER throw a Lithium composite in water!!! Lithium explodes when in contact with water! Like all alkali metals @Geico
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
So I have messed battery, what do we do besides stepping on it? Or tossing water??
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Yup - Water on a lithium fire releases hydrogen - Don't need to be a rocket scientist to do the math on that.... ๐Ÿง
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
ALL households should have at least one fire extinguisher. I have a multi level home so every floor has one. Always better to be safe than sorry! The best offense is a good defense...Sun Tzu
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Well I didn't know
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Them depends on us ๐Ÿ™ƒ
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
So anyone gonna tell us how to put that shhh out ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ I dunno what to do? I have kids, like Ethan, how do we protect them??
What do we do with an exploding battery, in the moment even ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ