Original topic:

Exploding phone

(Topic created on: 08-16-2019 11:08 AM)
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A

I just wanted to relay this incident to all users with a Samsung A70 phone.

I previously bought an A70 from Walmart upon signing up with Koodo mobile. The device seemed like it worked at first but it was very slow to respond at times and even froze a couple of times. A couple of days went by and my daughter had complained that the phone was getting really really hot to touch on the back so I unplugged it from the charger and inspected it to see what was happening. After a few moments, it started sparking and shooting out black smoke and ooze out of the side. Startling me, I through it down as it caught fire. I went to put it out with my right foot and it exploded under my foot causing damage to the floor and damage to my foot. I explained what happened to Samsung and they told me that they were very sorry and wanted to resolve this. They asked about damage and I explained that there was damage to the floor and my foot. They said they would look into the case further as to what happened and said they would resolve it asap. I agreed.

A few days went by and the pain got worst on my right foot, to the point where it put me out of work. I had to go to the doctor and the doctor said that I had severe soft tissue damage to my foot and then another doctor had said the same as I got a second opinion. It has caused pain and suffereing and stress and anxiety as now I'm out of work and I cannot walk. I have a curve in my back which goes to the right and all the weight is shifted to my right foot when I walk naturally but now that my right foot is damaged, it has irritated my back and my posture and putting me into more pain.

I continue to speak with Samsung about this as they continue to avoid the case telling me that they will take care of it. Last week, fortunately, they asked me to send the phone back to them and I finally did. They told me that they would analyze it. Analyze a phone that blew up? What's to analyze. I feel like I'm being tossed aside and not taken seriously about this. I have spoken to a lawyer and they have told me that I have a case against them. I don't want to cause any trouble over this as I really like Samsung but I need others to be alert to this phone.

Already my brother in law and his fellow workers are complaining of their A70s getting either too hot or not working at all. Please be aware of this phone as all the bugs haven't been worked out yet.

Please Samsung, resolve this asap.

Anyway, thank you for your time to read this.

0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
3 P's of anything in life: Plan, Prepare, Put into action. Reason why everyone should have fire safety training, and first aid. I've have literally saved people with first aid and have avoided a catastrophe involving fire.
Galaxy A
@mytech - Baking Soda - CO² or ABC extinguisher or just 🏃 like a 🐰
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Seriously Shaggy thank you! This is helpful omg 🙃 the kids!! We need to save them! When 1 is panicking... You Brain needs solutions 🤦‍♂️You can only think of what's in you head so these ideas good 🤷‍♂️.
I have ABC and baking soda but ABC first! Right? This really is a serious issue, I hope we all learn something from this, thanks for bringing this up Ethan, bad it happened to you 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Guys don't bully her. We don't know best thing to do when faced with immediate danger. If it were me, in my haste I may pick and throw out of window. Who knows it blows in my hand.

Or I just run off and let the house burn down. We all handle emergencies differently. I'm sure Samsung mods will get in touch with user to solve this asap
Galaxy A
Don't know if anyone was really "bullying" & by the username - "Ethan.." more likely to be a "him" 😉🕊
Steve01
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
good afternoon All,

we have been in contact with EthanAhlin41 and have requested the device in question to further investigate. the device is currently on route to our facilities.
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Thank you Steve.  I know you guys will help. I really like the A70 so I want to know what happened. I hope this hasnt happened to anyone else.  Thank you for your support. 

kidflash
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I've been using the galaxy a70 since when it got realeased and it works well, it hasn't been slow or froze.... could be a defect or something on ur phone
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm not taking sides here but sense the note 7 indecent a few years ago samsung has greatly improved the battery testing before to leaves the plant. that all being said it's never 100 guarentee that it will be flawless, just far less chance of it happening again.
0 Likes
EthanAhlin41
Active Level 3
Galaxy A

Agreed.  I like the A70 as its a great phone so I hope its just my phone here.  Let's get this resolved.