Original topic:

Find my device

(Topic created on: 08-04-2019 03:46 PM)
Sam31
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
On my Galaxy A50 "find my device" keeps reactivating after I have deactivated that function.

Why?
19 Comments
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
What makes you think the result is a google process when the "find my device" is a samsung built in app
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
This has occurred again on my new A50. It is running kernel version 4.14.62 16003915
build number ppr1.180610.011.a505wvlu1ase3
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
I will report to Samsung and report their response
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Samsung suggest removing the Samsung account.

I am sorry that the find my device option is turning on by itself with your permission, We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please remove Samsung account and then restart the phone.
To remove go to settings >> accounts and backup >> accounts >> Select Samsung account >> then click on three dots on the top right and select remove option
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
ok i THINK i have solved this issue...
Go into your apps in settings and display system apps.
Go to Google Back up Transport.
I turned off data, background use, notifications... everything.
Force stop and cleared cache.
I don't even have it in device manager listing anymore.
I also did this with partner set up and one time init. (all 3 should be grouped together).
Not sure how this will affect your set up, but i only log in to google for some stuff in the store. Most of the google apps i've eliminated by making my own custom build.

*i've since disabled all 3. So far, so good.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
That solution does not work. "find my device" is a samsung built in app.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A

I have spoken with Smasung chat support and there soution amazingly is to disable notifications and/or remove samsung account on your phone permanetly. Since they recommended to remove Samsung account I suggestd it was a known problem and that they should open a problem ticket, they refused. I will post a youtube video of the supervsor response to my query on "find my mobile" turning itslef on.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I have tried what Samsung suggested and it did not work. It still turns on by itself. I will look at jonesing suggestion.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
This is what the menu looks like.
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
yeah it's frustrating for sure. i also use Magisk so i can put google play services to sleep. It's interesting how just about ANY search for this does not bring up the problem. The average user should not have to root to fix it. I don't even have the Samsung Find My Mobile installed. If you lose your phone, it's extremely easy for someone to wipe and even replace the IMEI with a clean one.
0 Likes