Original topic:

Galaxy A01 version S/2.0 /A02

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 09:35 PM)
niejakilas
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Hello fellow Galaxy A members,

Recently purchased a Galaxy A01 device and its quite compact and meets almost all of my basic requirements. However I did notice after just installing  a few number of apps like WhatsApp, Firefox the amount of available storage was quite almost full.(depending on app data) 75% of my storage already used.

There is no notification LED which is kind of a bummer as you have to always keep checking your phone now and then for any messages or calls and can get quite tedious. There is no option for Always On Display as it being a LCD screen.

Unable to install applications to my SD card due to App restrictions and/or Android version. Had to move/ delete media from some of my WhatsApp chats to free up more space.

Unable to hide the notch. No additional sensors like gyro and compass. Probably no screen protector so get one.

Build quality of the Galaxy A01 is quite good and compact. It is also not much of a fingerprint magnet. Easy to fit in pocket and additionally the positions of the power and volume keys are well placed to easily to take a screenshot just using 1 hand.

Here is a list of hopeful specs Galaxy A01-S should have:
• 64/128 GB storage options (we are almost reaching 2021)
• 3/4 GB RAM just for better multitasking 
• Notification LED if no SAMOLED screen option
• An even smaller selfie camera lens if possible
• If possible to make it even more compact like the Galaxy S10e
• Edit: USB type-c charging instead of micro-USB

During this covid-19 crisis the world economy has changed...people are looking for more value for money smartphones as more smartphones with big screens are being launched every now and then.

If any Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd representative would be reading this post, i request you to please make more compact smartphones...not everyone uses their device just to consume media only...its a phone as well.

Thank you for making time to read this post.

Edit: Update
Galaxy A01 Geekbench 5 result:
Single-Core: 150
Multi-Core: 540
OpenCL: 292

A new post on GSMArena shows Samsung is in development of the Galaxy A02/M02 and a certification listing leak on Geekbench 4 shows a score of 751 on Single-Core and 3824 on Multi-Core perfornance.

Potential leaked specs for the Galaxy A02 indicate :
• same 2GB amount of RAM
• 32GB of internal storage 

32 GB Storage is not enough especially in these times and if one keeps a phone for a long time and not replace every year, unecessarily wasting money.

It will have a better processor which is a good thing. It would also have a bigger battery at 3500mAh.
3 Comments
MangoTango
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
🤔
0 Likes
niejakilas
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Hello MangoTango,
what were your thoughts?
0 Likes