Tema original:

Galaxy A9 manual camera mode and Samsung Pay

(Tema creado el: 03-23-2020 04:33 PM)
376 Visitas
miguelvillafuerte
Beginner Level 4
Opciones
Galaxy A
I'm curious about why the manual camera modes can't be used on Galaxy A9, I do understand that it doesn't work on the UltraWide while it doesn't even can focus, but I wanted to know if there's a possibility to have this function available maybe not even in main and telephoto cameras, but only in the main one, I've seen that Galaxy A20s does support manual adjustments, if it's a matter of Hardware I'd like to know too. 

About Samsung Pay, I would like to know if there's any plan on allowing this app on the next update Android 10, the phone has NFC, so I also don't understand why it can't be used.
3 Comentarios
Antonio_GM
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Well.. You have to take into account that the A20s it's a much newer phone than the A9 so, there must be a difference between buying a 2 year old phone and a newer one with more functions.
It may be something to do with the hardware or just software settings, you could try installing another camera app and check if you can make any adjustments there.

Now, regarding about Samsung Pay, I don't really think they'll enable it on phones that only have NFC.
In Mexico the main reason is because not all the stores and businesses have POS terminals that accept contactless payment methods.
Most of them have the old terminals that require either swipe or insert a card with an EMV chip.
So having S Pay with NFC only would be rather useless like the Wallet apps from the banks.

I previously had a Galaxy A7 2016 and I'm surprised that one has NFC+MST so it is compatible with S Pay and can use it to pay in most of the pos terminals because it supports "tap and pay" via NFC or putting the phone close to the magstripe reader to use MST.

So, in a nutshell...

Check another camera app and try making manual adjustments there.

And no, I don't think there are any plans on enabling S Pay on NFC only phones.
miguelvillafuerte
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A
About the camera, the adjustments actually are only available on another camera apps, but in A9 doesn't work, but I get it if it doesn't.

On the Samsung Pay issue, I didn't know about the MST importance which I already read about now. Though, Mexico terminals do support NFC payments, you can use the bank account which works on NFC, but if you want to use another card from another bank, you have to download a different app, but it's ok too.

I appreciate the answer, greetings.
0 kudos
Antonio_GM
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Basically the MST "simulates" the magstripe of the credit card so you can put your phone close to where you would swipe your card and the terminal will recognize it as if you did.
Many credit cards have a magstripe but it's just cosmetics because if you try to use it, the terminal will ask you to insert the chip to continue.
0 kudos