Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy a50 Volume Level

(Topic created on: 08-22-2020 09:24 AM)
kyu012
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
First of all English is not my 1st Language.

Something's strange with my volume level. We know that there are 15 levels in the volume rocker like from 0 you can increase it up to 15 clicks to max the volume. Mine has very low sounds from 1-14 but suddenly very loud at 15 which is max volume. It's like from 1-14 the sound is at 0-50% only then from 14-15 it jumped from 50-100%.
The increase in sound level from 1-14 is the same.
I don't know if I am describing it correctly but here is another representation.
Volume Level = Numbers
Sound Level = Percentage
1(4%)
2(8%)
3(12%)
4(16%)
5(20%)
6(24%)
7(28%)
8(32%)
9(36%)
10(40%)
11(44%)
12(48%)
13(52%)
14(56%)
then
15(100%)

Have any of you experienced this? I would like to know if anyone has a fix for this. Thank you.

3 Comments
Kenobijim
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Can you try to install the sound assistant and change the granularity of volume adjustment? Here is the link -> http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.soundassistant

Then let me know if it helped.
0 Likes
kyu012
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Yes it helped one of the problem hehe. The sudden change in sound level is gone because I decrease the change step volume. Like it is smoother when i change volume level. But there is something wrong. It is like the volume line is not balanced. It is like the sound starts at the middle of the volume line(i don't know what it is called) then after the middle when i increase the volume again the sound gets loud faster.

here is another description: The loudness that is gained from 90 to 100 are much much much more than the loudness that is gained from 0 to 90.

btw, Thank you for your reply :)
Kenobijim
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Maybe that could be a software bug then? I suggest you wait for the next software update for your phone. Otherwise, I think you can reset it. But it's up to you. 🙂
0 Likes