Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Keep Call Sound On

(Topic created on: 04-14-2019 12:02 PM)
MysticDrift
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I just got a new A8 and I was really happy with SamsungSwitch, made things so much easier.  But I am finding when I am on a call, if I open another app, the weather, facebook, kijiji, the call sound goes off until I switch back to the phone app.  Is there a way to stop that happening?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy A
Sounds like it MIGHT be an issue with VoLTE.... OR an app that you may have restored with Smart Switch - Check in Settings - Connections to see if VoLTE is enabled (if supported by your Carrier) - Then you can try Booting into Safe Mode & see if your calls are muted (Note that any Apps Downloaded from the Play Store will likely be disabled in Safe Mode) So try to open a System App - ie: Samsung Internet etc 🐧

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Galaxy A
Sounds like it MIGHT be an issue with VoLTE.... OR an app that you may have restored with Smart Switch - Check in Settings - Connections to see if VoLTE is enabled (if supported by your Carrier) - Then you can try Booting into Safe Mode & see if your calls are muted (Note that any Apps Downloaded from the Play Store will likely be disabled in Safe Mode) So try to open a System App - ie: Samsung Internet etc 🐧
MysticDrift
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Thank you so much.  VoLTE was enabled.  When I disabled it the problem was fixed.  I would never have found that on my own.

0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Yeah that is weird. I've used my A8 for 6 months and frequently use other apps while using the phone and never had that problem.
You could also go into your apps in settings and try restoring to default. That'll take a bit to change back ONLY if you've tweaked a lot. But if not, it won't hurt. But do first what's written above.
d00dy
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
I have the same issue with my Samsung A8 (2018), and I can't find the VoLTE software in my settings that you mentioned.
0 Likes