Original topic:

LAYOUT / DIAGRAM of GALAXY A70

(Topic created on: 02-22-2020 10:14 AM)
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Hi
Samsung galaxy A70. Case has seal all the way around (made for this phonr) w9 magnetic ribbon midway on the phone's left side (just below power button.)
PROBLEM: Screen goes black (shuts OFF) when using phone / voicemail + / -  speaker.

8 Comments
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I need a TECHNICAL
MANUEL 2 C sensors location
THANX
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi  braInDEAD,

Please find the attached picture to find the location of the Proximity sensor on the device.

Samsung A70.JPG

Please try clearing data and cache of the phone/dialer application
Settings>>Apps>> Tap on three dots >> Show system apps >> Phone>>Storage>>Clear data & Clear cache.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please follow below steps:
• Do not cover the proximity/light sensor area with screen accessories, such as a screen protector or stickers. Doing so may cause the sensor to malfunction.
• Using a Samsung-approved screen protector is recommended. Unapproved screen protectors may cause the sensors to malfunction.
• Connectivity problems may occur in the following situations:
– If you attach metallic stickers on the antenna area of the device
– If you attach a device cover made with a metallic material to the device
– If you cover the device’s antenna area with your hands or other objects while using certain features, such as calls or the mobile data connection.

Thanks,
Keagan

0 Likes
KevinTaylor
Options
Galaxy A

Hi BraInDEAD,

It seems proximity sensor is getting activated when you take a call or listen to a voicemail. The screen should lights up when you put the phone away, if it does not light up then your phone needs to be reset.

Cheers,

Kevintaylor

0 Likes
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi Kevin,
Thanx for reply!
Where is the prox sensor located?
I assume when it's covered it shuts off screen.? But that doesn't explain speaker use. With VM, screen blacks out right B4 the option 2 save message regardless of length.
Ì tried both in safe mode & in regular mode.
The common element is the dialer.
Should I MT it's cache? Download another?
Try calling with & w/o wifi?
Thanks again
0 Likes
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi Keagan & thanks!
I cleared the phone cache (no change) but not data yet bc of potential data loss?
Please advise

I do have a specific (I think) cover for it with a magnetic closing strap just south of power button; it's sealed.
The areas (diagram) of the proximity & light sensors each seem 2 B covered w/ text (clock, battery %, wifi etc.).

Thanks again for reply & diagram

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi BraInDEAD,

Clearing data for Phone/dialer application erase call logs and recent call lists. It doesn't erase any data that is available on the device.

Thanks,
Keagan

0 Likes
Solution
braInDEAD
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hi Keagan,
3 people w/ same phone (veteran a70 users) said it's normal 2 have 2 touch screen,+/- push power button especially w/ speaker.
Thanx again
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy A

Hi braInDEAD,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Samsung. We always appreciate customers who take their time out to give us their valuable feedback.

Thanks,

Keagan