Solved! Go to Solution.
Please find the attached picture to find the location of the Proximity sensor on the device.
Please try clearing data and cache of the phone/dialer application
Settings>>Apps>> Tap on three dots >> Show system apps >> Phone>>Storage>>Clear data & Clear cache.
If you are still experiencing the issue, please follow below steps:
• Do not cover the proximity/light sensor area with screen accessories, such as a screen protector or stickers. Doing so may cause the sensor to malfunction.
• Using a Samsung-approved screen protector is recommended. Unapproved screen protectors may cause the sensors to malfunction.
• Connectivity problems may occur in the following situations:
– If you attach metallic stickers on the antenna area of the device
– If you attach a device cover made with a metallic material to the device
– If you cover the device’s antenna area with your hands or other objects while using certain features, such as calls or the mobile data connection.
It seems proximity sensor is getting activated when you take a call or listen to a voicemail. The screen should lights up when you put the phone away, if it does not light up then your phone needs to be reset.
Clearing data for Phone/dialer application erase call logs and recent call lists. It doesn't erase any data that is available on the device.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Samsung. We always appreciate customers who take their time out to give us their valuable feedback.