Original topic:

More Alarm Name Characters

(Topic created on: 11-06-2017 07:37 PM)
scubamanmike
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hello Samsung Clock.

I was just wondering why the clock on my new Galaxy A5 can only 20 characters in the Alarm Name field, whereas I could include many more on my old Galaxy S4. I like to include more text info with my alarms so I remember what I'm supposed to be doing when it goes off.

Thank you.
14 Comments
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
this is only my opinion s series is samsung flag bearer they put more stuff on s series and note series
0 Likes
scubamanmike
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
So how many characters can your alarm names have on your S or Note devices? The A5 is 2017, so while it may be an S-versus-A issue, I'm wondering if it's simply a result of poor planning on the latest version of this app...

Let me know what device you use and how many characters you can put in the Alarm Name. I'm curious. Thanks!
0 Likes
tiff1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
hahahahahhaha
0 Likes
scubamanmike
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Good point.
0 Likes
rescuerEvp
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
yep that's how they restricted it..unfortunately I can't even use T9 / spelling correction on it
0 Likes
scubamanmike
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
That's lame. I'm hoping it's not something that should be too hard to include with a software update... I'm not asking for a faster processor or anything like that, just a few more letters...
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy A
Hey @scubamanmike, thanks for the suggestion! As always, I'll be passing the feedback onto the rest of the team so they can look into it!

-Nick
DarthIggy69
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
how has this not changed yet!!??
I just bought the s8+. please slap the idiots responsible for such a insanely low limit.
Then hire someone to fix it not 'look into it'
FedUpAlready
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
Four years later than this last reply, I have just purchased my first Samsung. The alarm app is how I organize my ADHD life. It actually is the worst thing about this phone, and it's the reason I'll never buy another Samsung. Hope it doesn't take you another 5 years to "look into it"!
0 Likes