Original topic:

Network control of apps

(Topic created on: 11-15-2019 01:11 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
While looking through a web site

I noticed that my phone which runs android pie doesn't have the same option to control Apps access to wifi or mobile network.

My Android pie cannot disable a apps wifi or mobile network access.  Doess anyone know why ? Is this a U.S. difference to Canada?

0 Likes
5 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
You can disable wifi access in System->Apps then by using the top right menu and selecting Special access. Scroll to the bottom.
In addition to that, if you download an app called Activity Launcher you're able to view and change much more. You can enable the secret screen saver as well in system ui via activity launcher. Tap Dessert Case. The option to use it will appear in your display screen saver settings.
But there's much more..
I've seen more network functions you mention. You'll find it in the Activity Launcher app.
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Once you've made changes you can uninstall the app. Or you can keep it and make shortcuts to any of the working items. GPS will show your altitude for example. Whatever you like. Careful with some stuff or you'll mess up functionality.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
The description you provided is not the same insert "access control"
it allows the app to control wifi.

The web site dated 14, Aug 2019 shows a simple wifi off or on or mobile off or on.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Can Android pie block access to the internet per application ?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Samsung Canada says NO. The ability to selectively choose per app is not possible.
0 Likes