Original topic:

No fingerprint option

(Topic created on: 07-31-2019 02:30 AM)
Sam31
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
My A50 occassionally does not display the fingerprint option. I am forced to enter my PIN. 

Why does this occur ?
0 Likes
7 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Iknow this occurs after a restart?
Galaxy A
Whenever you Reboot/Restart your device you will ALWAYS have to use PIN - Pattern or Password - It's a Security Feature 😉🐧
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
do you have auto restart on?
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
auto restart is not on and my a50 definitely was not rebooted as this occurred when charging.

I have noticed that 15 incorrect fingerprint attempt forces entering a PIN. but nothing was touching the screen.
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
I know this isnt related to your phone but wanted to say that I sometimes have the same problem (minus the failed touch attempts) on my s10+, so going to follow in Hope's maybe a solution for you can also be the solution.for me :)
0 Likes
Sam31
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
If the Samsung phone should reset, Is there a way to determine when it occurred? Because I also have a problem in this forum for "find my device" turning on after a restart.
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
@sam31 I havent had my phone restart once on me without myself telling it to restart, unfortunately though I have had this guys same problem with the fingerprint scanner sometimes being non existent and having to type in my pin instead, then upon relocking my screen my fingerprint then works again
0 Likes