Original topic:

PRIVATE DNS

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 12:26 AM)
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
I have my private DNS value configured for 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com and the Samsung browser does not appear to acknowledge the use of DNS over TLS when tested using the cloudflare site https://1.1.1.1/help.

Does Samsung browser acknowledge the configuration of DNS over TLS?

0 Likes
11 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
For me, DoT works but not DoH. Might also depend on your ISP. Using S Internet as well

Also good choice to use this! Increases your privacy sharply.
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
DOT (DNS over TLS) does not work only with Samsung browser. The ISP does not matter as the the phone points directly to DOT or DOH provider.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Well you are right that this issue shouldn't be caused by your ISP. But you are incorrect that S Internet does not work with DoT,as evidenced by this screenshot
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I did not comment on S internet. As I have no ideas what it is.
This is the result with private DNS configured with cloudflare.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
S Internet is Samsung Internet... It's an abbreviation instead of always saying Samsung this, Samsung that... especially since all those apps used to be just called S this, S That (S Note, S Health...)
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
OK. I am using DNS 1.1.1.1 and I am not aware of any other options to correct the issue.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Check if you have any firewall enabled that blocks ports 443 or 853
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
it appears there is a problem with Dot on certain networks. can you pay your screen capture including your AS number and name?
0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
the port 443 and 853 are open to one.one.one.one and 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com
0 Likes