Original topic:

Question about Bixby for A20

(Topic created on: 11-22-2019 08:01 PM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy A
So,  I didn't think this model was equipped with Bixby since I couldn't find it in the Galaxy Store and when I searched my phone nothing came up. But this morning there was a number of Samsung apps that needed updating, one of which being Bixby Service. I also went into settings and found this: 

Can anyone explain why I'm seeing this? 
4 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
First guess is camera... brb
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
looks useless... but it is involved with several apps and my basic knowledge suggests that its use (obviously) originates from Mr. B but has started to operate with other apps that don't always involve Bixby... to the point where it is required on its own. It is not practical to just rename it. If you are curious about these things, grab a root file manager (MiXplorer is free) and copy the .apk to a computer or your normal phone storage and bust it open. 7zip Lz4 (google it, github has it)... great archive viewer/extract tool for windows... and see some stuff that will bore your friends to death.
0 Likes
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
samsung deeply integrated Bixby in everything in their software. sadly even after 2+ years Bixby is still subpar.